Kraton Lvc question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StandingMilk

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys first post here, I've had my kraton 6s since beginning of year and loving it but have a question regarding the low voltage cut off. I've tried googling it but there's so many different answers I'm lost lol. Are you able to run the car to the lvc ? If not how do you know when to stop. I have a low voltage alarm I set at 3.4 but it alarms very early it doesn't seem right. Sorry for the silly question but I don't want to destroy my batteries haha.

Thanks

The voltage will sag down, triggering the alarm but recover before the ESC triggers shutdown. It’s fine to run all the way to LVC on the BLX185 esc so just adjust the add on alarm down a touch or you can keep it where it’s at to give you an idea that LVC shutdown through the ESC is right around the corner

I set all my alarms at 3.2 volts as that is the lowest safe discharge point to allow for the sag @Mr.Duke mentioned.
I set my alarm at 3.2 today but that only gave me 11 minutes run time on a 5000mah 6s. Then I tried 3.1 alarm but that got it to 3.5 or so resting voltage after the run which from what I read might be too low. I can't wrap my head around it. Maybe my alarm isn't accurate?

I set my alarm at 3.2 today but that only gave me 11 minutes run time on a 5000mah 6s. Then I tried 3.1 alarm but that got it to 3.5 or so resting voltage after the run which from what I read might be too low. I can't wrap my head around it. Maybe my alarm isn't accurate?
3.5v isn’t too low for LVC IMO. Just don’t run it past that point. But that 11 min runtime seems short. What mods do you have? What terrain? How fast were you running?

3.5v isn’t too low for LVC IMO. Just don’t run it past that point. But that 11 min runtime seems short. What mods do you have? What terrain? How fast were you running?
I got the 11 minutes runtime when the alarm went at 3.2. I cant remember the end voltage but the charger put about 2800 mah back in when I charged after so it didn't use much if the battery until that point. When I set 3.1 alarm it ran for 17 minutes on a quarry mostly on 3/4 ish throttle messing around. But the resting voltage after is 3.5 but I read on on other sites it shouldn't be lower than 3.7? Do you think 3.5 resting voltage is ok after a run? I'd just leave my alarm on 3.1 then
I got the 11 minutes runtime when the alarm went at 3.2. I cant remember the end voltage but the charger put about 2800 mah back in when I charged after so it didn't use much if the battery until that point. When I set 3.1 alarm it ran for 17 minutes on a quarry mostly on 3/4 ish throttle messing around. But the resting voltage after is 3.5 but I read on on other sites it shouldn't be lower than 3.7? Do you think 3.5 resting voltage is ok after a run? I'd just leave my alarm on 3.1 then
The car is stock btw except I have the high speed pinion on it. :)

I think 3.5 resting is as low as I would want to go normally. I think 3.4 resting is the beginning of danger zone. But others might be more or less cautious than me. I would consider myself a middle of the road cautious guy. I will take some minimal calculated risks. But I hate to ruin a good lipo or worse risk a fire.

I think 3.5 resting is as low as I would want to go normally. I think 3.4 resting is the beginning of danger zone. But others might be more or less cautious than me. I would consider myself a middle of the road cautious guy. I will take some minimal calculated risks. But I hate to ruin a good lipo or worse risk a fire.
Do you just run yours to the low voltage cut off or do you set an alarm too? Thanks for your help

Do you just run yours to the low voltage cut off or do you set an alarm too? Thanks for your help
Well let’s just say I try my best to hit LVC, but it’s rare that I don’t break something first. ???‍♂️??

Well let’s just say I try my best to hit LVC, but it’s rare that I don’t break something first. ???‍♂️??
?? Yeah that's the problem. I know the struggle. I'll just keep my alarm at 3.10 and run it until that rings or it hits lvc. Probably being too paranoid. Thanks for the help everyone !

I run mine till I'm done running, most of the time I stop before lvc kicks in but there are times where I run to lvc then switch to new batteries and do it again. For the most part I have my lvc set between 3.2 and 3.4 volts (depending on what the esc allows). Minimum safe voltage is generally 3.2 volts these days so if you're not running to that you're not getting the full potential out of your batteries. I use alarms to warn me when I'm getting close if I'm driving and don't feel like chasing the vehicle down when it dies. That said, a 5kmah battery should give you at least 30 minutes of rough and ugly drive time. If you aren't getting that out of your batteries something isn't right...I average 40 minutes on a set of 4500mah batteries...

I have a max6 but does anyone know the levels of the lvc what voltage they have?
because there are different positions on your max6.
but I have no idea which voltage belongs to which position??

I run mine till I'm done running, most of the time I stop before lvc kicks in but there are times where I run to lvc then switch to new batteries and do it again. For the most part I have my lvc set between 3.2 and 3.4 volts (depending on what the esc allows). Minimum safe voltage is generally 3.2 volts these days so if you're not running to that you're not getting the full potential out of your batteries. I use alarms to warn me when I'm getting close if I'm driving and don't feel like chasing the vehicle down when it dies. That said, a 5kmah battery should give you at least 30 minutes of rough and ugly drive time. If you aren't getting that out of your batteries something isn't right...I average 40 minutes on a set of 4500mah batteries...
I wonder if it's because I have the high speed pinion on and run mostly up and down a straight road? Not near full throttle mind you. My friends granite gets a similar run time on 5500mah. There's not much in it. I hope there isn't something wrong lol. I'm just going to run it until the lvc from now on

I wonder if it's because I have the high speed pinion on and run mostly up and down a straight road? Not near full throttle mind you. My friends granite gets a similar run time on 5500mah. There's not much in it. I hope there isn't something wrong lol. I'm just going to run it until the lvc from now on
You shouldn't be seeing 10 to 15 minute run times on 5000mah battery. That just seems wrong to me. It's either because your lvc is too high, overheating, a bottleneck (like using small connectors) or maybe check your motor bearings... generally speaking though, if there were something wrong you'd have other indicators such as excessive heat, weird/odd noises or won't roll easily. Check your temps too, it could be shutting down if it's overheating which can easily happen during the summer with a larger pinion installed ;)

That said, use your batteries however it makes you comfortable and if you want to set your lvc higher then do so, just remember your run times will be shorter and it's really unnecessary with most modern batteries. Long as they don't discharge below 3.2 volts per cell you will be good ;)

You shouldn't be seeing 10 to 15 minute run times on 5000mah battery. That just seems wrong to me. It's either because your lvc is too high, overheating, a bottleneck (like using small connectors) or maybe check your motor bearings... generally speaking though, if there were something wrong you'd have other indicators such as excessive heat, weird/odd noises or won't roll easily. Check your temps too, it could be shutting down if it's overheating which can easily happen during the summer with a larger pinion installed ;)

That said, use your batteries however it makes you comfortable and if you want to set your lvc higher then do so, just remember your run times will be shorter and it's really unnecessary with most modern batteries. Long as they don't discharge below 3.2 volts per cell you will be good ;)
My battery's an xt90 connector but I have an adapter which goes to a deans plug which goes to another adapter to fit the stock ic5 connector maybe that's my problem lol. Sometimes the deans plug would sorta fuse together. Have ordered xt90s so I'm changing my ESC to them this week. So to confirm I can just run it to the lvc on the ESC without worrying too much? ?

My battery's an xt90 connector but I have an adapter which goes to a deans plug which goes to another adapter to fit the stock ic5 connector maybe that's my problem lol. Sometimes the deans plug would sorta fuse together. Have ordered xt90s so I'm changing my ESC to them this week. So to confirm I can just run it to the lvc on the ESC without worrying too much? ?
Oh Jesus yeah that’s a major issue

Good, that adapter is 100% no bueno, you might as well have two wet sticks shoved between the battery and esc ;)

And yes, it is relatively safe to just let it run till it shuts off, it is the point of the lvc after all ;)

Good, that adapter is 100% no bueno, you might as well have two wet sticks shoved between the battery and esc ;)

And yes, it is relatively safe to just let it run till it shuts off, it is the point of the lvc after all ;)
Tried it out last night with the new xt90's on and got about 30 minutes of driving before I turned it off. Didn't even reach the lvc. Thanks for the help ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back