Typhon LWB multipack mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I was stacking my lipo packs on top of each other without using velcro between them the hold em together.

On the way home from work today I had the idea, could the two 2s hardcase packs been placed in my typhon on their side? So I tried it, and they fit nicely, wish I had some 3s, 4s, and 6s packs see how they would all fit on their sides.

20211201_164351.jpg
20211201_164334.jpg
20211201_164345.jpg
20211201_164401.jpg

Should be ok if you are not doing any jumps etc. The weight of the 'height' deforms the lipo more when it's laying like this.
The lipo is several layers of laminate, like a stack of paper. Sideways is not the preferred position if repeated impacts occur.
Foe 'flat' bashing it's fine.

Should be ok if you are not doing any jumps etc. The weight of the 'height' deforms the lipo more when it's laying like this.
The lipo is several layers of laminate, like a stack of paper. Sideways is not the preferred position if repeated impacts occur.
Foe 'flat' bashing it's fine.
Good point. I guess having to make custom lipo hardcases is the only real way to go other than buying a 4s or 6s hardcase.

Hard cases will not prevent that type of damage. They only prevent external damage i.e. rash, punctures etc.
A layer of duct tape gives more protection, though. I do not recommend hard cases, they have other issue that are not good for bashing. Cutting wires at entry point is one of them, they also collect dirt and any water which is now invisible and might do internal damage.
I'm staying with soft cases for those reasons.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back