Vorteks LWB SPEEDRUN BUILD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
couple months ago I decide to give speedrunning a try.GOT HOOKED!!. The adrenaline rush is for Real.found out what a handful swb is on 8s an throu in the towel after I got to 103 then kept losing control an crashing over an over....THE NOTORIOUS ISNT THE BEST FOR SPEED..LOL.so I decided to start from scratch. Been ordering parts and they been coming in.so I decided its time for build thread..not 100% sure what exactly I want to build,start with a lwb V5 kraton chassis An start throwing things together as I decide what I want.i add something every day till complete.
So day 1 start with a blank canvas an see where it gos...this build isn't for how fast I can go on 4s,5 an half S,its for TOP SPEED AN BEATING MY PB ANY WAY I CAN.

1616274033551677563665529480661.jpg

16162741963534620495019067677510.jpg

Look forward to seeing what you put together bro! And the competition will be fun too! Can't wait to get my Lim hoping by end of next week and probably get started piecing it together day it shows up.

Getting somewhere...any secrets to mounting castle 8s????no mounting holes is everyone velcroing or 2 sided taping?????

View attachment 133660

View attachment 133661
I used some 3m double sided mounting tape works great! I do run the stock ESC mount though just had to trip the lip that is on the motor side and remove the wire holder piece👍

Look forward to seeing what you put together bro! And the competition will be fun too! Can't wait to get my Lim hoping by end of next week and probably get started piecing it together day it shows up.
Going fast an breaking PBs bye yourself isn't fun.lol ill be up an going bye next weekend.hell ya brother let's get into 140s by fall🤙.I've been craving a speedrun BAD,miss the rush.
I used some 3m double sided mounting tape works great! I do run the stock ESC mount though just had to trip the lip that is on the motor side and remove the wire holder piece👍
Thank you,I was surprised at the size of cc 8s esc.my max6 is same size maybe a little bigger

For sure! Me too, weather has not been cooperating at all. Was hoping to get some shake down runs and get her straightened back up today and woke up to few inches of snow LMAO so maybe next couple days🤷

Going fast an breaking PBs bye yourself isn't fun.lol ill be up an going bye next weekend.hell ya brother let's get into 140s by fall🤙.I've been craving a speedrun BAD,miss the rush.

Thank you,I was surprised at the size of cc 8s esc.my max6 is same size maybe a little bigger
Trying to figure out what to do about a body.reserch time.id like a gt body.have to find one that'll fit lwb chassis.any ideas???

Trying to figure out what to do about a body.reserch time.id like a gt body.have to find one that'll fit lwb chassis.any ideas???
Check out Delta Plastiks just pay attention to measurements 👍

I'm anxious to see what u think about that 4050 2100kv..see if you will be as impressed as I was when I got mine.so can delta motors be ran with these mmx8s????or only y motors???my first castle excited to compare power to my h-wings..wanted xlx2 ,but scared of 1500$++ rc fires

I'm anxious to see what u think about that 4050 2100kv..see if you will be as impressed as I was when I got mine.so can delta motors be ran with these mmx8s????or only y motors???my first castle excited to compare power to my h-wings..wanted xlx2 ,but scared of 1500$++ rc fires
Should run Y wind with the MMX8S. I’ve already gone thru a couple D wind on the MMX8S and XLX2. Updated my XLX2 now so my TP 4050CM 2300kv D wind should be ok going forward. It has ran hot as F until now. Had to replace it once already. Hoping for cooler temps.

Not much left of brand new typhon,waiting on some shocks,chassis bracecouple other small things then testing..HAVEN'T SEARCHED THREADS YET,BUT ANYONE HAVE HOOKUP ON TYPHON STRETCHES BODY MOUNTS. HAVEN'T PICKED OUT GT BODY YET,MR DUKE DO YOU KNOW WHAT WHEELBASE BODY I WILL NEED??

16165460908468996608732813492723.jpg

16165461292904928645972068067825.jpg

Not much left of brand new typhon,waiting on some shocks,chassis bracecouple other small things then testing..HAVEN'T SEARCHED THREADS YET,BUT ANYONE HAVE HOOKUP ON TYPHON STRETCHES BODY MOUNTS. HAVEN'T PICKED OUT GT BODY YET,MR DUKE DO YOU KNOW WHAT WHEELBASE BODY I WILL NEED??

View attachment 134335

View attachment 134336
I’m measuring 383mm wheelbase on a Kraton chassis, infraction front and rear assemblies and factory set rear toe. With zero degree rear toe I measure 389mm. The vette body is 360mm wheelbase but I had to compromise in the rear with body lines not being 100% perfect
F7BE2E9D-36BA-403C-B55F-FC9032A42938.png

pretty much anything that will fit the Inferno long wheelbase GT 360mm is what you’re after.

I’m measuring 383mm wheelbase on a Kraton chassis, infraction front and rear assemblies and factory set rear toe. With zero degree rear toe I measure 389mm. The vette body is 360mm wheelbase but I had to compromise in the rear with body lines not being 100% perfect
View attachment 134358
pretty much anything that will fit the Inferno long wheelbase GT 360mm is what you’re after.
Your vetted looks AMAZING.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back