Typhon LWB Typhon build - motor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've recently built a short wheel base Talion (Talion with Typhon chassis) and it's awesome for fooling around the BMX track, much easier to control in the air than the Talion.

Now it's time to build a long wheel base truggified Typhon with the remaining parts (Typhon with Talion chassis and 2.8 Monster Truck tires on the stock wheel hubs; no widening), just because.
I'll use it to run open class in a friendly local competition that's held here, on a jump-free high speed (rough) clay track with some short grass section, because why not.

I'm torn on the motor choice: I can get 1900, 2000 or 2100kv. The price difference between these in less than a $.
I have multiple pinions lying around, from 14 to 20T. What would make more sense? I don't get the practical difference betwee high kV small pinion vs low kV large pinion tbh. Does one run cooler or something? Is lower kV more reliable due to running slower?

Thanks guys!

I will always recommend TP 4070cm 2200kv :cool: if your esc can handle it.
68799264-C20F-4CE9-8D9A-3BB849319659.jpeg

I like clean :p The wing and top edge of windshield have some scuffs - so far so good :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back