Kraton M2C 8s steering bell crank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer Down

I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley! 🙃
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Infraction 4x4
M2C now has an aluminum steering bell crank assembly made of 7075 for the 8s models.
Check it out ?
9FAC15F3-AAF9-4706-9E57-95D42F514CC3.jpeg

https://m2cracing.net/cars-and-trucks/543-m2c-3296-arrma-s8-passenger-side-steering-arm.html

Moving the stressed area imo what's next

Nice, mine actually broke somehow but replaced with stock one so I'll wait until it breaks again I guess. Also like another poster said moving the stress point along, wonder if it's for the better?

Anyone running one of these m2c units for awhile yet? Thoughts?
There is some play in the stock plastic setup and wondering if this is the route to go.

What about guys running big cans (no pun intended) :LOL: with the clearance using smaller pinions? Has anyone installed this had issues with the drag link hitting the can? Have you removed some aluminum material?

So I bought the M2C steering setup. Decent finish but still left something to be desired in my opinion.

I had to shim the shoulder bolts that hold the steering arms to the drag link. Without a shim the play was just as bad if not worse than the stock plastic setup. The bearings would float up and down as the pocket M2C milled was less than the height of the shoulder on the bolt. I understand that you want a little movement there as to not crush the bearings but we were talking about .65mm + of play. I used some ARA709058 .5mm shims (the same ones that are already used elsewhere in the steering) and that brought it down to about .15mm of up and down travel. Noticeable difference and much smooth steering action now.

Do I need bearings or does stock have ones I can use in place or does it come with them

My outcast 8s with the M2c bell crank - servo saver
Handles amazing... turns on a dime

So much better then my stock one

I also have the GPM knuckles/hubs and carriers which may help it also

So I bought the M2C steering setup. Decent finish but still left something to be desired in my opinion.

I had to shim the shoulder bolts that hold the steering arms to the drag link. Without a shim the play was just as bad if not worse than the stock plastic setup. The bearings would float up and down as the pocket M2C milled was less than the height of the shoulder on the bolt. I understand that you want a little movement there as to not crush the bearings but we were talking about .65mm + of play. I used some ARA709058 .5mm shims (the same ones that are already used elsewhere in the steering) and that brought it down to about .15mm of up and down travel. Noticeable difference and much smooth steering action now.
Hey yep. I just assembled mine and I notices this massive up and down play as well. thanks for the part number I get some of these shims. with all that play it actually doesn't keep the wheels straight is what I noticed.
I thought that was just how it should be.
great point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back