M2C Big Pinion Motor Slide Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I picked up the 3254 motor slide from M2C so I can run a 44t pinion with the M2C motor mount in my K8S. I have a few issues that I need help or opinions on.

1. They tapped one of the screw holes way too deep and it ran into to hope used to mount the motor to the plate. You will have to explain and the picture but you can see it. Is this a big deal? Will it weaken the attachment point?

20200716_133201.jpg

2. There is an imperfection on top of the slide.

20200716_133412.jpg

It kind if bothers me. Should it?

3. Unless I am doing something wrong, I have one screw hole for the top of the slide and two for the bottom. This doesn't make sense to me. Do I have the slide orientated the correct way?

20200716_132733.jpg

Top hole
20200716_132747.jpg

Two on the bottom:
20200716_132808.jpg

What do you guys think? Thanks!

Trying to get the bolt and tapped holes where they need to go is hard without redesigning both mounts. I think it will be fine but cosmetically not great. The bottom hole breaking thru the counter bore is making room for the tap to go full depth. Just make sure the bolt isn’t too long and come thru that area. The pic on the website looks pretty much like the one you have. I don’t think there’s room for a second hole in the top. The counterbore in the slide area is just where it has to be for mounting the 56/58mm motor on a mount which was designed originally for a 46mm motor.

I’m going to try a 35t spool gear from the Limitless used in place of the k8s spur. This would allow a 30 something pinion.
DC32035F-B686-4E18-81DE-857A2644C3BD.jpeg

AFAIK the slide is upside down....I have an older version of the mount but definitely 2 screws on top and one on the bottom.

20200716_212559.jpg
20200716_212649.jpg

Mine is exactly the same. The hole is tapped up to the one for mounting the motor (included screws are already in there in my pic, does not come near that in length). Also 2 screws at the bottom. Have not mocked it up yet or a 56xxx can lying around to try, but the slider has to sit in that direction. For one, you'll need the space so the motor can doesn't touch the chassis and then there's also the gap for pinion screw adjustments that has to face outwards or would be completely pointless otherwise.

View attachment 89873View attachment 89872
Mine is exactly the same. The hole is tapped up to the one for mounting the motor (included screws are already in there in my pic, does not come near that in length). Also 2 screws at the bottom. Have not mocked it up yet or a 56xxx can lying around to try, but the slider has to sit in that direction. For one, you'll need the space so the motor can doesn't touch the chassis and then there's also the gap for pinion screw adjustments that has to face outwards or would be completely pointless otherwise.
That's what I figured but wanted to ask. Thanks, brother! ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back