Typhon M2C chassis & Exb bumper: major crash, minor damage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I went out to give my Typhon street truck one final run with 27/42 gearing and stock Katar's before I go back to off road truggy. Dumbo transmitter or receiver glitched (2nd time its happened) and stayed full throttle for a good half a second after I let off throttle which kept me from missing a curb. No gps, but had to be going at least 45. The sound was awful and I was afraid I had just destroyed a lot of stuff. Didn't even bother to look at it hard until I got it home because I figured it was going to be costly.

Turns out the damage was minimal. Cracked the EXB bumper spring and bent the motor mount & front center dogbone. Thats it! The impact was on the bottom of the bumper which likely saved a lot of carnage. Chassis is still perfect.

20221123_091109.jpg

I suppose if we're running big power/speed rigs it's worth it to pony up for a good radio. Not knocking you or the DumboRC, just that hearing of your experience has me thinking.. I run a 12 year old Flysky GT3b that I paid like $35 for back then..perhaps this should serve as a wakeup call to ME..

Disaster averted..glad to hear!! Second glitch from the Dumbo eh? Hmm, any other rigs used with the same radio? Are they glitching if so? Maybe receiver?

Same transmitter and radio both times. I have another rig with a dumbo receiver so I need to run it and see if its the receiver.

I would never run a $600-$700+ rig with a cheap ass radio. Just saying.....
What about 10 different $600-$700 rigs on a $35 radio (me)?🤣🤣
I find it ironic that a $1000 rtr rc has what is essentially a $35 radio..
@Kla912000 Sorry, no disrespect intended. Your statement makes sense by all means. Just that I have never seen a benefit to paying more than I needed for a radio.
With that said, if I experience the same glitch or malfunction more tha once such as @sumguy99 , I would be very concerned to find the cause..
I just had my first observation of a DX5 rugged the other day when my brother in law asked me to help him figure out why he has forward only on his Axial crawler..after 20 minutes, I give up!! That pos radio is way too complicated for me to bother with,LOL. I don't care who loves it, or how great the range might be..no thanks. Just me.

Last edited:
What about 10 different $600-$700 rigs on a $35 radio (me)?🤣🤣
I find it ironic that a $1000 rtr rc has what is essentially a $35 radio..
@Kla912000 Sorry, no disrespect intended. Your statement makes sense by all means. Just that I have never seen a benefit to paying more than I needed for a radio.
With that said, if I experience the same glitch or malfunction more tha once such as @sumguy99 , I would be very concerned to find the cause..
I just had my first observation of a DX5 rugged the other day when my brother in law asked me to help him figure out why he has forward only on his Axial crawler..after 20 minutes, I give up!! That pos radio is way too complicated for me to bother with,LOL. I don't care who loves it, or how great the range might be..no thanks. Just me.
RTRs don't count. A lot of stock RTR electronics are junk, transmitters included. If I am gonna buy a new transmitter for my expensive RC truck I'm not gonna cheap out on it and buy a $35 DumboRC radio. That's why the OP slammed into a curb and got lucky enough to not destroy his rig. Maybe you haven't experienced this type of glitch yet with your cheap radio, but keep pushing your luck and it WILL happen sooner or later. Just wait and see. Wishing you luck!!!

RTRs don't count. A lot of stock RTR electronics are junk, transmitters included. If I am gonna buy a new transmitter for my expensive RC truck I'm not gonna cheap out on it and buy a $35 DumboRC radio. That's why the OP slammed into a curb and got lucky enough to not destroy his rig. Maybe you haven't experienced this type of glitch yet with your cheap radio, but keep pushing your luck and it WILL happen sooner or later. Just wait and see. Wishing you luck!!!
I hope you're wrong..but do appreciate the advice👍 Defies logic how this Flysky I'm using has been perfect for nearly 12 years now..✌

Didn't think of the dumbo as junk, its recommended regularly on this forum by plenty of people with expensive rigs.

Just remembered the first time it happened was with my Stampede so it must be the transmitter, not the receiver. I was in a spot where I had tons of room and it didn't cause any problems. It happened while it was a good 75yds away so it was a little awkward. I knew it looked like it kept accelerating after I released, but I wasn't 100% sure because it was far away and there was nothing it was anywhere near hitting. This time with the Typhon my eyes saw the same thing with the acceleration upon trigger release but my rig was near the turnaround point and as I steered I could tell it sped up for a split second as I lost my turning angle with the extra speed and smacked the curb.

I'm not an on road runner much and this was my last time for a while because I'm going to an off road set up. Gotta say bashing on 6s on pavement is tough if you only have parking lots with lightpoles/grass islands with curbs everywhere to bash. The smallest screw up near a curb and yikes! :ROFLMAO:

Just remembered the first time it happened was with my Stampede so it must be the transmitter, not the receiver. I was in a spot where I had tons of room and it didn't cause any problems. It happened while it was a good 75yds away so it was a little awkward. I knew it looked like it kept accelerating after I released, but I wasn't 100% sure because it was far away and there was nothing it was anywhere near hitting. This time with the Typhon my eyes saw the same thing with the acceleration upon trigger release but my rig was near the turnaround point and as I steered I could tell it sped up for a split second as I lost my turning angle with the extra speed and smacked the curb.

I'm not an on road runner much and this was my last time for a while because I'm going to an off road set up. Gotta say bashing on 6s on pavement is tough if you only have parking lots with lightpoles/grass islands with curbs everywhere to bash. The smallest screw up near a curb and yikes! :ROFLMAO:
Well, maybe you might wanna step it up? I hear the RC6GS and GT5 are pretty good? Both under $100.
My GT3b does have weak range, but always been enough for me. I run in the woods, so I know all about the obstacles. When I go out of range, it just coasts to a stop till I walk close enough to get it back.. that doesn't happen in the woods,LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back