M2C Chassis Flexibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoEddy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to ask your opinion, do you think it makes sense to order the new Custom RC Upgrades Center-Brace for a Kraton EXB 6S with M2C chassis?
A RC DUDE81, for example, does not use a chassis brace at all, so that the chassis can flex during hard jumps or landings!
So I wanted to know what your view is on this, because the Custon RC Upgrade centre brace would stiffen it up a lot more compared to a standard EXB brace that I'm currently still using!
Not that it would result in too much stability so that other components would be affected!
Added value yes or no, I'm curious what you say!

ced1ef2d-fcbb-40e1-857f-271b23f479e9.jpg

Last edited:
I have a V4 with M2C chassis, GKA chassis braces and M2C shock tower braces. I have removed the T2T brace.

I doubt I could feel any difference in driving with/without the T2T brace, but I sure appreciate not having it in the way when I wrench on the car.

I have removed the T2T brace.

I doubt I could feel any difference in driving with/without the T2T brace, but I sure appreciate not having it in the way when I wrench on the car.
This is the approach taken by some well-known (M2C) riders...!

But I don't think I want to do without a brace completely, the only question is (because it would be quite an expensive purchase, with delivery to Germany), that I don't buy myself "disadvantages", because with this centre brace it would become even stiffer than with the existing EXB centre brace!

In my experience if you bash hard and jump big it will cause all the impact to go to your bulkheads causing them to break as mine did do to it being to rigid. I removed the T2T brace and haven't had any issues since I snapped my bulkhead and hinge pin block while running the T2T brace. If your running M2C chassis and chassis braces you'll be fine with no T2T brace.

My only issue with running no brace is what happened to me and the chassis flexed so much it bent the motor up so far it sheared the end cap screws and killed my motor. I'm running t2t brace from now on. I'd rather replace a broken bulkhead ( I won't ever have to I have metal ones) or replace a bent t2t brace then buy another new motor any day of the week.

I have already exchanged the differential housings completely against HotRacing incl. SwayBar cover, as well as the front TopPlate against a just bash it 7075 T6 as well as the two T2T attachments also against HotRacing!
Furthermore from M2C both chassis braces and both shock towers incl. the rear shock tower brace!
I think that the occurring forces in a big jump will certainly look for the weakest link..., I just want to prevent as best as possible that the drive train incl. differentials take damage, therefore the consideration with the "T2T" chassis brace!

I tore through many bulk heads before finally just taking it off. I am likely to bend driveshafts now. But they are way easier to vise them straight and pop them back in then replacing a bulkhead that I didn't know was cracked until it ate the diff up..

I have already exchanged the differential housings completely against HotRacing incl. SwayBar cover, as well as the front TopPlate against a just bash it 7075 T6 as well as the two T2T attachments also against HotRacing!
Furthermore from M2C both chassis braces and both shock towers incl. the rear shock tower brace!
I think that the occurring forces in a big jump will certainly look for the weakest link..., I just want to prevent as best as possible that the drive train incl. differentials take damage, therefore the consideration with the "T2T" chassis brace!
Hot racing isn't a great brand. Just rebranded intijunk and gpm parts. If you have metal bulkheads you won't crack or break them. Having your chassis flex so badly that the motor end cap bolts get sheared off is no fun. I highly recommend the t2t brace but not that big chunky heavy ass one, just a stock one or carbon fiber one will do. That t2t brace is way too big and heavy, it's made for a tank not an rc car.

That's why I'm leaning towards a T2T brace!
The question is, apart from the ingenious look and the massive design, does it bring an increased stability "advantage" with an M2C chassis and all the other listed upgrades compared to the T2T Brace from the EXB!
Would this protect the drivetrain as well as the housings and differentials even more reliably in the event of hard jumps?

That's why I'm leaning towards a T2T brace!
The question is, apart from the ingenious look and the massive design, does it bring an increased stability "advantage" with an M2C chassis and all the other listed upgrades compared to the T2T Brace from the EXB!
Would this protect the drivetrain as well as the housings and differentials even more reliably in the event of hard jumps?
no like stated above it will put all the load directly into the bulkheads. But you have metal bulkheads, at the same time though you want some give in the event of a real bad crash/landing so I recommend keeping the stock t2t brace or make/buy a carbon fiber one. That way the brace will fail in the even of a big crash and not the bulkheads and you won't have my issue of over flex and the motor being killed. Or like my buddy @Lovestricken has mentioned to me to do is use the t2t brace but zip tie it in instead of using screws so you have the benifits of the brace but more give in a crash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back