M2C Chassis For Talion. Yay!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Outcast M2C chassis, and it is a beast! I am not what you call "a good driver", and some of the things I've hit and landings I've attempted, would have crushed/bent/killed a stock chassis. Haven't gotten to the big air attempts yet, but the other guys in the forum who have, seem to be pretty happy with the quality. Still using my t2t, only because I still need to sharpen my skills, but definitely don't think it's necessary.

I have the Outcast M2C chassis, and it is a beast! I am not what you call "a good driver", and some of the things I've hit and landings I've attempted, would have crushed/bent/killed a stock chassis. Haven't gotten to the big air attempts yet, but the other guys in the forum who have, seem to be pretty happy with the quality. Still using my t2t, only because I still need to sharpen my skills, but definitely don't think it's necessary.

You're driving couldn't be worse than mine, lol. I do have serious concerns about the stock Talion chassis primarily because of the long wheel base and therefore being more susceptible to warping. I swear when M2C announced the Kraton chassis, the Talion chassis was not available at that time, so I was resigned to my fate. But I am a happy af now, this would be the missing piece that I need to make the Talion a beast.

I think this chassis, a tower to tower brace(T-Bone is apparently making one, out soon I hope), and some aluminium chassis braces would be a pretty robust combo. Though it makes me wonder if you would loose some of the handling characteristics?

I think this chassis, a tower to tower brace(T-Bone is apparently making one, out soon I hope), and some aluminium chassis braces would be a pretty robust combo. Though it makes me wonder if you would loose some of the handling characteristics?
Chassis brace as a bare minimum. Either T2T or this chassis, given the choice, I would go for the chassis. T2T seems to be discouraged, from VH website:

"We don't recommend the use of a "tower to tower brace" as it makes the shock towers and gearbox cases more likely to bend/break under hard impacts/crashes, the reason is most of the energy gets transferred directly to those two parts. We've tested out a tower to tower brace and it does lead to broken gearbox cases and bent shock towers from our testing. Even high-grade aluminum or carbon fiber shock towers are still prone to bending or snapping (it takes a lot more force for it to happen, but it does). Also, we recommend that you run with your wing in place at all times as it acts as a bumper and absorbs most of the impact energy in crashes/rollovers, by doing so you'll better protect your rear shock tower. "

https://www.voltagehobbies.com/stor...ower_for_ARRMA_Kraton,_Talion,_Outcast.html#/

Chassis brace as a bare minimum. Either T2T or this chassis, given the choice, I would go for the chassis. T2T seems to be discouraged, from VH website:

"We don't recommend the use of a "tower to tower brace" as it makes the shock towers and gearbox cases more likely to bend/break under hard impacts/crashes, the reason is most of the energy gets transferred directly to those two parts. We've tested out a tower to tower brace and it does lead to broken gearbox cases and bent shock towers from our testing. Even high-grade aluminum or carbon fiber shock towers are still prone to bending or snapping (it takes a lot more force for it to happen, but it does). Also, we recommend that you run with your wing in place at all times as it acts as a bumper and absorbs most of the impact energy in crashes/rollovers, by doing so you'll better protect your rear shock tower. "

https://www.voltagehobbies.com/store/p8/Voltage_Hobbies_Front_Shock_Tower_for_ARRMA_Kraton,_Talion,_Outcast.html#/
I have read this also, and to be honest I've never run a tower to tower brace before, but I have broken gearboxes, and bent shock towers before. The t bone racing tower to tower does sit low down and seems that it is less likely to stress the gearbox, but I will test this out over the next few weeks when I finish my project. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ly-rebuild-my-kraton.10937/page-2#post-125854

Awesome build you have going on there. I like the T2T, seems like it will spread the load upon impact. Watching this build...
I'd love a better chassis on my Kraton and Talion, but that would just about add up to a new car by the time I get them to Australia. Thanks for your interest.

I'd love a better chassis on my Kraton and Talion, but that would just about add up to a new car by the time I get them to Australia. Thanks for your interest.

Why did you go TBone over the Markhor top plate? Just curious.

Why did you go TBone over the Markhor top plate? Just curious.
I didn't really know what to do and I didn't know about the Markhor plate to be honest. The last time I looked at their stuff I think everything I needed/wanted was out if stock and so I kind of forgot about them. They have a V3 Talion plate I just noticed, I'll give that a try next. Thanks for the reminder. I've bookmarked their website now.

How much has the extra weight of the M2c chassis degraded the performance handling jumping top speed.

How much has the extra weight of the M2c chassis degraded the performance handling jumping top speed.
I haven't had a full speed jump session yet, but the Outcast feels very over powered due to it's short wheel base. If you are jumping at full speed, there should be plenty of time for corrections in the air. With the stock backflips, brake and throttle inputs offer some pretty immediate results.

I haven't had a full speed jump session yet, but the Outcast feels very over powered due to it's short wheel base. If you are jumping at full speed, there should be plenty of time for corrections in the air. With the stock backflips, brake and throttle inputs offer some pretty immediate results.
So it didn't make it feel sluggish or heavy when cornering ?

On the site, the difference in weight between an M2C and stock is about 150g, that's for the Talion chassis. Seeing that the weight is distributed across the chassis, I doubt it really makes that much of a difference.

So it didn't make it feel sluggish or heavy when cornering ?
Not in the least. Like I said, on 6s the swb is twitchy on a good day. The difference in added weight was almost unnoticeable, but it's added stiffness makes it handle more predictability. The benefits are meant to be long term. With less flex, the driveline isn't subjected to as much misalignment, so the components will also benefit from tighter tolerances. Take my comments with the fact that I am a weekend basher, and i don't have the same expectations as some of the real high flyers in this group. My biggest jumps will probably never be higher than 7 to 10 feet or further than double that. Well, maybe one day, but my spare parts bin only has so many parts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back