M2C CVD fail. 8S CVD that work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing i did is put dampening plug in shock.i also put a washer on the side of flang

16302427288335759291587533627414.jpg

16302428089531340667320835424460.jpg

I modded this to put inside shock
Top and bottom i put washer. Only one side of rod end.

Attachments

• 16302429222951102714684734123087.jpg
    16302429222951102714684734123087.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 16302429441318363972624514178745.jpg
    16302429441318363972624514178745.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 16302432886506651715460043005028.jpg
    16302432886506651715460043005028.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Are you running stock 5mm shock shafts on this one?Did you bend them a lot?
No. I replaced all my shocks with the rear EXB K8S in all corners. I was bending the stock ones easily and I was also breaking the shock rod ends. With the EXB shocks, I have managed to bend only one shock shaft due to lots of bad landings, including one wheel landings from 20ft + jumps. I've broken only one EXB shock rod end on my K8S when I landed upside down the other day. So the upgrades have been going well as far as shocks go.

20210826_213925.jpg
20210826_213949.jpg
20210826_214249.jpg

Thanks man! You make me feel more confident !
BTW, I bent the EXB shock shaft on that landing, so it was pretty bad. But the m2c driveshaft stayed straight

Hey guys trying to find 8S axles that last longer then a few runs. We all know the stockers break the pins at the diff. They also occasionally bend on bad landings. Well not that bad if it's not a airplane hitting wings on touch down.... I do great with stockers until the pin breaks under torque. Yes if I land on all left or right side I will at times bend them but not always. I was waiting like all of us to try the M2C solution. Well they fail as well... Honestly guys I give the straight up truth and I'm not a promoter of any sort but the M2C were as bad as stock! Save that big money and have several stock ones on hand when they do break. The M2C broke apart not even hard bashing. I was drifting my rig and doing power wheelies just messing around and I heard the dreaded clicking noise. Turns out on my last blast in a turn by myself I heard the axle fly out. I'm running a 1100 kv castle motor so it's good but no monster. Anyways guys my goal here is to talk about what works and what does not. I will do so respectfully and I will most definitely shame my own bad driving faults etc. But just the heads up don't waste money on M2C CVD axles! I'm posting this because I'm not alone my driving partner also broke his just messing around. M2C said we are doing on throttle landings etc breaking these and did not offer support except to purchase these high dollar CVDs again. I'm bummed because M2C has not let me down but these CVDs are junk. 1mm shorter to stop the bending well I can get that tiny amount with my grinder. Bottom line don't waste your money stock is better. I bought GPM CVD anyone try those yet?
Check my pic of M2C breaking clean off not bent. This happens on the hub side now. My friends Kraton did the exact same and has video of it. We will post on YouTube soon of this happening. Freaking embarrassing

View attachment 161418
Just bent my stock one. Going to bend it back any suggestions? Gonna put it in the vice and toss a wrench on the other side and pull. Should I heat it up some with the propane torch or will that weaken the metal? Also going to grind down the end some and put marine grease in the out drive cup in hopes it prevents bending again

Last of my M2C driveshafts broke on me today. I will say they don't bend... they just snap. At least with the stock ones as long as the pins don't break, which is much more rare for me than the M2C shafts snapping, you can bend them back. Definitely disappointed. Ended my run with 3.97v in the cells.

I don't even no what to say at this point about all the cvds. I have been threw them all. Im about ready to try extrem. My kraton 8s has been a blast with only thing haven't been able to get to hold is cvds.

20210809_135333_HDR.jpg

20210809_135312.jpg

Last of my M2C driveshafts broke on me today. I will say they don't bend... they just snap. At least with the stock ones as long as the pins don't break, which is much more rare for me than the M2C shafts snapping, you can bend them back. Definitely disappointed. Ended my run with 3.97v in the cells.
Damm. This is my last run with the M2C driveshafts on my K8S EXB. Still going strong. Same thing with my Outcast 8s 🤷:

I don't even no what to say at this point about all the cvds. I have been threw them all. Im about ready to try extrem. My kraton 8s has been a blast with only thing haven't been able to get to hold is cvds.

View attachment 168514

View attachment 168515
My M2C CVDS are still not bent or broken on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S. And its not like I'm just driving around with them. I'm sending these things, having crashes, tumbles etc. From what I've seen, it's the 800kv motor that snaps them off? . At least the people that answered here on this thread all have the 800kv motor in common with the snapped issues. I run the castle 1100kv motor.

Damm. This is my last run with the M2C driveshafts on my K8S EXB. Still going strong. Same thing with my Outcast 8s 🤷:

My M2C CVDS are still not bent or broken on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S. And its not like I'm just driving around with them. I'm sending these things, having crashes, tumbles etc. From what I've seen, it's the 800kv motor that snaps them off? . At least the people that answered here on this thread all have the 800kv motor in common with the snapped issues. I run the castle 1100kv motor.
'v sdfsadf

The way I drive they just snap. I’ve now broken them with max5/800kv, xlx2/800kv, and xlx2/1100kv.

'v sdfsadf

The way I drive they just snap. I’ve now broken them with max5/800kv, xlx2/800kv, and xlx2/1100kv.
The way you drive? I drive pretty bad TBH. I land while accelerating, upside down, sideways, one wheel landings, hitting trees, walls you name it. On another note, the WFO titanium driveshafts have been working great on my xmaxx. Some people have snapped them off too 🤷🤷

The way you drive? I drive pretty bad TBH. I land while accelerating, upside down, sideways, one wheel landings, hitting trees, walls you name it. On another note, the WFO titanium driveshafts have been working great on my xmaxx. Some people have snapped them off too 🤷🤷

Not sure what the difference is then. I mean I guess I could have a bad batch but seems super unlikely. All 4 broke exactly the same way. Snapped right at the output cup.

I’m glad they’re working for you.

Not sure what the difference is then. I mean I guess I could have a bad batch but seems super unlikely. All 4 broke exactly the same way. Snapped right at the output cup.

I’m glad they’re working for you.
That's the only thing I can think of (bad batch of material?). Or maybe something happened that day with the manufacturing? Maybe something was off on the machine? And I bought enough sets for two 8s trucks. Sucks that they are snapping on you like that.

How do you bend them back?

I got 4 of the m2c shafts. I found my right front wasn't spinning and found that it busted right at the cup. I swapped in a stocker. Haven't had an issue since. I was running my 1100 during this. I've ran my 800 in it then back to my 1100 since it's happened. Haven't had any problems since. I think it's just random. In general, with what mega rc has said....it doesn't matter which cvds are used, the basic problem is with the 12mm cup size you can only go so thick on the shafts. Arrma needs to go to 18mm+ on the cup size to accommodate a 8mm at minimum shaft size to deal with the torque and weight of these vehicles. Or someone in the aftermarket needs to do this. That's the only way we will have less issues. But then again a cured patient is a customer lost..

Hammer and a flat piece of wood.
To add more detail. I find a scrap board that is flat and smooth and use the corner of it. I’ll roll the axle until I find the high spot and hit it until it’s fairly straight. It’s gonna bend again so I don’t worry about perfect.
The vice and 3 bolt method seems good too I just need to grab some bolts.

So i really do love this truck even with the one little problem i have. Today before i went out i changed the pins to 9/64 in my m2c cvds and beat the hell out of them. I mean like trying . and low and behold they held up. Cant beleave it.

20210912_092944.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back