M2C CVD fail. 8S CVD that work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update. Unfortunately the left rear M2C driveshaft broke right where it meets the CVD. This was like the 6th run. I had jumped like 5 times before it happened. It was a clean jump too landing on all 4 tires. This was like the 5th run time with my EXB K8S 😭

20210919_123213.jpg

It sucks there isn’t a good option for cvds for these cars. I never use mine cuz I’m not trying to break poop
Nah. I have no shelf queens. I'm going to keep sending these beasts 20ft plus in the air no matter what. It's not like they break after every single jump either.

Has anyone contacted M2C to see what they have to say about them snapping? 🤔

Has anyone broken a front M2C driveshaft? I've yet to do that. I've only broken rear ones (one on the K8S and one on the Outcast 8s). I also bent the crap out of one of the M2C driveshafts with the huge proline trenchers. I'm going back to stock ones in the rear and I'll keep trying out the front ones. I mean I've landed on one wheel in the front before and they are fine? 🤷🤔

Seems like Mich never acknowledges defects for the most part. Nothing is perfect I get that. But there is a pattern with his CVD's??? Seems no better than stockers. Just from what I read and see in videos here and elsewhere.
Maybe not the best alternative 8s CVD upgrade??? IDK.

Seems like Mich never acknowedges defects for the most part. Nothing is perfect I get that. But there is a pattern with his CVD's??? Seems no better than stockers. Just from what I read and see in videos here and elsewhere.
Maybe not the best alternative upgrade??? IDK.
That's why I was asking about anyone breaking them when they are in the front? Hopefully not. I've done everything to try to break them by mistake and I've yet to do it.

Seems like Mich never acknowledges defects for the most part. Nothing is perfect I get that. But there is a pattern with his CVD's??? Seems no better than stockers. Just from what I read and see in videos here and elsewhere.
Maybe not the best alternative 8s CVD upgrade??? IDK.
As we stand right now, at least in the rear, they are WORSE than stock because they break like a twig right where they meet at the hub on the inside. At least the stock ones just bend, which can be bent back.

Today the front M2C driveshafts survived multiple 30ft jumps. They even survived the proline 4.3 trenchers and huge jumps with my EXB K8S (M2C driveshafts in the front only also) 🤷. Check it out :

I suspect m2c is reading this and is going to make a V2. I hope they do. I think they know that the driveshaft has to be thicker at the cvd joint. As it stands right now the stock shaft and m2c shaft or the same thickness at the cvd. But worse is m2c is hardened more so it snaps easier. My gpm's in the rears have lasted longer than the m2c's. Although the gpm driveshafts suck in their own way.

I suspect m2c is reading this and is going to make a V2. I hope they do. I think they know that the driveshaft has to be thicker at the cvd joint. As it stands right now the stock shaft and m2c shaft or the same thickness at the cvd. But worse is m2c is hardened more so it snaps easier. My gpm's in the rears have lasted longer than the m2c's. Although the gpm driveshafts suck in their own way.
Have you broken any of your M2C driveshafts in the front? Like I mentioned many times before, at least for me, they are holding up great on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S (huge air, huge crashes, cartwheeling, hitting trees, one wheel landings, etc). It's the rear ones that broke. Well I did bend the crap out of one of the rear ones since I landed wrong with the 4.3 Trenchers.
20211010_184116.jpg
20211010_184142.jpg

Have you broken any of your M2C driveshafts in the front? Like I mentioned many times before, at least for me, they are holding up great on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S (huge air, huge crashes, cartwheeling, hitting trees, one wheel landings, etc). It's the rear ones that broke. Well I did bend the crap out of one of the rear ones since I landed wrong with the 4.3 Trenchers.
View attachment 173723View attachment 173724
How do you like the trenchers on the K8S?

I run them on my X Maxx and love them. Do they perform well on the Kraton?

How do you like the trenchers on the K8S?

I run them on my X Maxx and love them. Do they perform well on the Kraton?
I got a triple backflip with them on my K8S. My friend's huge ramp helped. So far I'm really liking them. They will break stuff easier if you land wrong, but I'll take that over regluing tires after like 3 runs. They remind me of the stock EXB tires, but they seem to be way more durable. The ballooning is a good thing for my kind of bashing since I like double backflips and now I'm getting into the triple backflip territory 🤣. I haven't tried them yet on my X-Maxx, but that rig gets doubles like nothing. Even with the Lockups.

View attachment 173723View attachment 173724
I have the kraton exb and outcast exb. Kraton and outcast both use stock driveshafts in front. No issues. Kraton xlx2 1100kv and outcast max5 800kv. The outcast I put gpm and the kraton I put m2c in the rear. The gpm have now outlasted the m2c driveshaft. The gpm cross pins don't stay in place even with red loctite. And there was eventually a failure mode where the cvd end itself cracked. (Pic)

20211012_090437.jpg

I have the kraton exb and outcast exb. Kraton and outcast both use stock driveshafts in front. No issues. Kraton xlx2 1100kv and outcast max5 800kv. The outcast I put gpm and the kraton I put m2c in the rear. The gpm have now outlasted the m2c driveshaft. The gpm cross pins don't stay in place even with red loctite. And there was eventually a failure mode where the cvd end itself cracked. (Pic)

View attachment 173730
For now, it seems that the best place to put M2C driveshafts is in the front only. The rear it seems like the stock ones work better. Or GPM for some people. What's ironic is that I tried the GPM ones in the front and one of them broke off exactly where the M2C driveshafts broke in the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back