M2C CVD fail. 8S CVD that work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i have been running the titanium shafts and the center ones have been doing grate the cvd ones have broke on me as well. It has been a very pricey thimg i have ben trying to fix.with no luck. Hoping someone will make some real cvds for these rigs. That pic is of titanium shaft where they brake. I have put 4mm pins in some. It does help to get more life but at best so far a month long. 8 runs.

1627986498146704415327740791165.jpg

16279865451179032330245277143049.jpg

I'm running the m2cs in the rear on my outcast. No problems from what I see, but for some reason now, when I rotate my rear wheels they hop when unloaded. When it's on the ground running it doesn't show... But I dunno.. The dogbones are straight, so I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem. I haven't pulled the rear diff yet.

FWIW the XLX2, 2028 1100KV combo, max punch, is not a mild setup. It still outputs easily 20hp+. Power output is the same as (or extremely similar to) the 800kv 2028. Torque at the driveline and RPM is all determined by the primary drive gearing. You can have the exact same torque at the CVD between the 1100kv and 800kv motors by tweaking gearing a little bit. Now, I'm not saying that the M2C are necessarily stronger or weaker than stock, nor that they are or are not justified in saying the user is at fault. Just trying to hilight a little bit more of the bigger picture that might help solve some issues.

I wonder if the cvd ball runs out of room in the cup at full shock compression and snaps off. The larger diameter shaft part limits the running angle a little more than the stock skinny ones. this is what happens to the losi lasernut I have. you can limit the shock travel a bit with a piece of tubing on the shock shaft.

FWIW the XLX2, 2028 1100KV combo, max punch, is not a mild setup. It still outputs easily 20hp+. Power output is the same as (or extremely similar to) the 800kv 2028. Torque at the driveline and RPM is all determined by the primary drive gearing. You can have the exact same torque at the CVD between the 1100kv and 800kv motors by tweaking gearing a little bit. Now, I'm not saying that the M2C are necessarily stronger or weaker than stock, nor that they are or are not justified in saying the user is at fault. Just trying to hilight a little bit more of the bigger picture that might help solve some issues.
I have punch control at 25% on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S running the XLX2 AND 1100KV. I've only broken like two or 3 stock pins so far. I wouldn't go any lower than that. I might be go even higher on the punch control since this system has so much power. My biggest problem is bending the driveshafts, but even that is rare for me since I can almost recover even the craziest bad jump. I'll be testing at least one of the M2C driveshafts soon.

So has anyone had them replaced by M2c or are you all bad landers as they put it?
Scorched RC do a set of titanium shaft with 4mm pins but you need to buy the outputs he also makes to go with them.

Well i have been running the titanium shafts and the center ones have been doing grate the cvd ones have broke on me as well. It has been a very pricey thimg i have ben trying to fix.with no luck. Hoping someone will make some real cvds for these rigs. That pic is of titanium shaft where they brake. I have put 4mm pins in some. It does help to get more life but at best so far a month long. 8 runs.

View attachment 161886

View attachment 161887
That’s not a Scorched Parts shaft. The Scorched parts ones have a thicker section in the middle. Scorched Parts also used FEA analysis to fine tune the design of the ends to maximise strength. Whilst I’m sure they are not unbreakable, whenever i see pics of broken titanium shafts, they are not normally Scorched Parts ones. The latest ones also come with 4mm pins and corresponding cups.

Nope. Not a Scorched shaft. Scorched (up until the most recent ones) have a tapered section.

Im going m2c front. Titanium back with
80 100 60 diff fluids. Dbx i would be more than happy to give them a try if you are so seton how tuff they are. But i no got batch from you. I have been stock pilling them to try different set ups

Screenshot_2021-07-14-17-37-01.png

2nd one broke on me within 2 days. This was not a bad landing situation. Believe me I'd admit it if it were. For me at least so far stock have held up better. I have not contacted M2C yet.

So has anyone had them replaced by M2c or are you all bad landers as they put it?
Scorched RC do a set of titanium shaft with 4mm pins but you need to buy the outputs he also makes to go with them.
I've only installed one front one on my Outcast 8s. With the issues stated, I think that I'm just going to install the rest and get it over to with and send it like I usually do and see what happens. I do have bad landings and that is inevitable, but usually I can probably get like 90% of my landings on all 4 tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back