Kraton M2C Diff Output Cups versus EXB Output Cups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyev

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has experience comparing the durability of M2C Diff Output Cups against the stock EXB Output Cups?

After only 12 or so packs with my Kraton build (Castle MMX8s / 1717 1650kv, with M2C chassis, shock towers, and other upgrades), I've noticed that three of the six of my stock EXB output cups have developed indentations from the dogbone. Both of the cups on the rear diff are starting to fail, as is the rear-facing cup of the center diff.

I did try the trick where you glue on heatshrink using IC-2000, but this has mostly sheared off pretty quick.

I do have some M2C cups I'll be replacing in the center and rear diffs, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with how much better they are than the stock EXB cups - or if in fact they are better? To me, visually, they look identical.

Also, is this the typical wear pattern in cups? In that, is it usual that the cups "behind" the center diff are the ones that wear first? The cups in my front diff are fine, as is the cup in the front of my center diff.

Maybe I just need to add in a bit of throttle control so the cups don't get mashed as bad....

Just wondering if anyone has experience comparing the durability of M2C Diff Output Cups against the stock EXB Output Cups?

After only 12 or so packs with my Kraton build (Castle MMX8s / 1717 1650kv, with M2C chassis, shock towers, and other upgrades), I've noticed that three of the six of my stock EXB output cups have developed indentations from the dogbone. Both of the cups on the rear diff are starting to fail, as is the rear-facing cup of the center diff.

I did try the trick where you glue on heatshrink using IC-2000, but this has mostly sheared off pretty quick.

I do have some M2C cups I'll be replacing in the center and rear diffs, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with how much better they are than the stock EXB cups - or if in fact they are better? To me, visually, they look identical.

Also, is this the typical wear pattern in cups? In that, is it usual that the cups "behind" the center diff are the ones that wear first? The cups in my front diff are fine, as is the cup in the front of my center diff.

Maybe I just need to add in a bit of throttle control so the cups don't get mashed as bad....
M2c says they are stronger, so far they are going great for me. They are same price as stock or within a cpl dollars so to me it's a no brainer to go m2c.

I’m in the process of building some EXB diffs with M2C cups for the F/R diffs. My centers look OK.

M2c says they are stronger, so far they are going great for me. They are same price as stock or within a cpl dollars so to me it's a no brainer to go m2c.
I saw that M2C says this, but I’m wondering if they were referring to the EXB or non-EXB diff output cups. Hoping they will be stronger!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back