Kraton M2C Dogbone ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael24

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Kraton EXB
Hello i was wondering if anybody else has noticed this. Unequal pin set. I noticed while replacing a-arm(i know damaged in crash) but they have only been installed for literally a few pack's. Upon further inspection the other side is like that too, just not as much. Anybody got any idea's of how to equal them out. Their not sitting in the drive cup to well. Pretty Casual use at that!
20220504_110425.jpg

Quality control at its best. Never seen it off the shelf, but not impossible.
You can buy a pin tool for ~$60, I frequently change mine out do to wear and tear but I'm far from a break even point.
Try warranty or buy a new one. I don't recommend using them, you will damage the cup and cost increases.

Last edited:
Quality control at its best. Never seen it but off the shelf, but not impossible.
You can buy a pin tool for ~$60, I frequently change mine out do to wear and tear but I'm far from a break even point.
Try warranty or buy a new one. I don't recommend using them, you will damage the cup and cost increases.
Thanks for the input i was thinking the same. That's cool you change them yourself i'll be looking into that.

I bought M2C dogbones for my Kraton EXB. I expected them to be sweet, like all of M2C's alloy parts. Nope. Rough finish, pins uneven (can't re-center tapered pins, think about it) and also drilled off-center in the ends and off-axis from end to end. The factory parts are nicer. I don't know what kind of chinese steel is used in the originals, so I can't say which shaft is better, but the M2Cs were only like .005" thicker in the middle. I didn't bother complaining, because small business owners were whining like special little beetches during COVID and I was getting sick of it. I'm running them, but yeah, I'm not happy over the $70 purchase. Glad I'm not the only one who has identified this lack of precision from our otherwise favorite boutique house.

I bought M2C dogbones for my Kraton EXB. I expected them to be sweet, like all of M2C's alloy parts. Nope. Rough finish, pins uneven (can't re-center tapered pins, think about it) and also drilled off-center in the ends and off-axis from end to end. The factory parts are nicer. I don't know what kind of chinese steel is used in the originals, so I can't say which shaft is better, but the M2Cs were only like .005" thicker in the middle. I didn't bother complaining, because small business owners were whining like special little beetches during COVID and I was getting sick of it. I'm running them, but yeah, I'm not happy over the $70 purchase. Glad I'm not the only one who has identified this lack of precision from our otherwise favorite boutique house.
Some companies are great at making alloy chassis and suspension parts, but not so good when they try to branch out into driveline components. It seems like M2C falls into this category. I would never accept a driveshaft with off center pins from ANY manufacturer, regardless of price. Quality will not improve if people don't complain about the lack of quality and ask for refunds on parts that should have been rejected at the source.

I thought I'd find pics on my phone. The M2C shafts are the uppermost and bottom in the group. I didn't capture the off center or off axis issue (not the 90 deg needed for a smooth rotation), but the mashed and beaten pins are clear. This pic is as received new. Zoom in for the horror!

Edit: You can see how the pins line up on the right hand side, and aren't aligned on the left. They're in the Kraton in service. I'll take better pics next time I pull the center diff.
IMAG1232.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't notice the taper, thanks for pointing that out. I tried tap it further in but no chance without mushrooming the end badly. Effit i'll just run them in the outdrive's that are already messed up..
I bought M2C dogbones for my Kraton EXB. I expected them to be sweet, like all of M2C's alloy parts. Nope. Rough finish, pins uneven (can't re-center tapered pins, think about it) and also drilled off-center in the ends and off-axis from end to end. The factory parts are nicer. I don't know what kind of chinese steel is used in the originals, so I can't say which shaft is better, but the M2Cs were only like .005" thicker in the middle. I didn't bother complaining, because small business owners were whining like special little beetches during COVID and I was getting sick of it. I'm running them, but yeah, I'm not happy over the $70 purchase. Glad I'm not the only one who has identified this lack of precision from our otherwise favorite boutique house.'

Here are some links, make sure they are the same diameter. The tool is not easy to work with, but if you have the same basic mechanical knowledge it's straight forward.
You can probably adjust the existing pins without buying new ones.
If you have access to a vice, use a small enough socket or nut to rest the side with the lesser distance and push in with the vice from the other side.
These are all press fit i.e. pliers or hammers won't work.

Tools, pins etc.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/replacing-driveshaft-dog-bone-pins-on-arrma-6s-vehicles.14362/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-kraton-pin-replacement.13849/#post-170046

Here are some links, make sure they are the same diameter. The tool is not easy to work with, but if you have the same basic mechanical knowledge it's straight forward.
You can probably adjust the existing pins without buying new ones.
If you have access to a vice, use a small enough socket or nut to rest the side with the lesser distance and push in with the vice from the other side.
These are all press fit i.e. pliers or hammers won't work.

Tools, pins etc.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/replacing-driveshaft-dog-bone-pins-on-arrma-6s-vehicles.14362/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-kraton-pin-replacement.13849/#post-170046
I'm gonna try pressing pins in tomorrow. Tools will come a little later. This isn't the first i've had pin trouble's (wornout) so i'll give it a try. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back