Kraton M2C European distributor(s)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremonti

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hi guys,

I received my Kraton 8S a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying it quite a bit (as far as I can with the current weather conditions). I'm aware of a set number of cases in which people have prematurely bend/broke their 8S. It might be due to driver style, who knows. But it's common sense that a car with that weight is going to suffer from (major) jumps. I might upgrade my chassis in the future, and the M2C 8S 7075 chassis is a solid option. But since I live in the EU I'm looking at a $350 price-tag with shipping and taxes. I won't be doing that since it's 59% more than M2C's asking price.

Are there any European distributors of M2C's products (or similar brands/products) which have stuff for the 8S in stock?

And also; what did you guys do to fix the premature wear of the shock tubes due to friction between the tubes and the shock spring? It mainly occurs on the rear shocks, about halfway through the spring scratches past the tube. It will clearly wear out pretty quickly when you drive a lot, some of the red paint has actually already worn out.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Hi guys,And also; what did you guys do to fix the premature wear of the shock tubes due to friction between the tubes and the shock spring? It mainly occurs on the rear shocks, about halfway through the spring scratches past the tube. It will clearly wear out pretty quickly when you drive a lot, some of the red paint has actually already worn out.
Thanks in advance!

Cant help with euro Dist, sorry.

The shock bodies are anodized red. I've never heard of a spring wearing through a shock body, ever.. Probably the least thing to worry about wearing out on the truck. If its bothering you take some of the preload out of the spring, the a-arms should be more flush to the ground anyway.

Cant help with euro Dist, sorry.

The shock bodies are anodized red. I've never heard of a spring wearing through a shock body, ever.. Probably the least thing to worry about wearing out on the truck. If its bothering you take some of the preload out of the spring, the a-arms should be more flush to the ground anyway.

I remember seeing another post here or on the ARRMA FB page of someone having the same 'issue'. The shock bodies are not aluminum, but ABS. I can't make a pic right now but I will later today, it will probably clear things up :)

The shock bodies are not aluminum, but ABS. I can't make a pic right now but I will later today, it will probably clear things up :)

Directly off Arrma's page...

• Precision manufactured from lightweight aluminum for reduced vehicle weight
  • Anodized red for added durability and cool ARRMA looks
  • Machined threads on outside of body for fast and easy ride height adjustments

Directly off Arrma's page...

• Precision manufactured from lightweight aluminum for reduced vehicle weight
  • Anodized red for added durability and cool ARRMA looks
  • Machined threads on outside of body for fast and easy ride height adjustments

Oh my bad! They sure as hell feel like ABS. Anyway, I included a picture of the wear I was talking about.
It's minor now, but the other 8S with the same type of wear was worse (he probably drove more than I did).

Attachments

• Inked0_LI.jpg
    Inked0_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back