Kraton M2C FRONT CHASSIS BRACE INSTALL ISSUE - PLEASE HELP! !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RW-75

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Has anyone had an issue with not being able to tighten the top nut fully to the underside of the front M2c chassis brace??. I installed the rear without issue & drilled out front plate to the require 4mm no problem! I removed the front wheel, receiver box & battery tray to give room to access underside but couldn't get the nut to fully tighten up snug to the underside of the brace before it locked in!. Total schoolboy error on my part as I didn't test out tightening of the screw & nut before applying threadlock ?‍♂️. I'm now looking at heating up & removing so any Tips on how to easily access underside of chassis brace, what tools to use for holding/tightening nut etc would be greatly appreciated !!

I think I put the bolt in from the bottom of brace and put the nut on the top. the brace may be threaded, can't remember for sure.

I think I put the bolt in from the bottom of brace and put the nut on the top. the brace may be threaded, can't remember for sure.
Yeah brace is threaded! In hindsight it would have been much easier to bolt from bottom but was advised to bolt from Top & nut to underside for some reason?

Pull of the red steering plate that the brace bolt up to, bolt it up then reinstall the steering plate. That's what I did anyways ??‍♂️

If you run into any issues, let me know and I'll help you get er done ??

Nice one mate! After your suggestion i found a YouTube vid of someone removing the top plate & it looked alot easier than i thought so should be fine with it!?... I'll let you know how it goes & thanks again it's helpful guys like you that make this forum so great ?✊

Nice one mate! After your suggestion i found a YouTube vid of someone removing the top plate & it looked alot easier than i thought so should be fine with it!?... I'll let you know how it goes & thanks again it's helpful guys like you that make this forum so great ?✊
Awsome! Im so glad I was able to help. I know bournmouth rc has a collection of some of the most helpful "how to" vids on yt. He taught me how to remove the steering plate and change every bearing in my kraton. Hes on the forum to. Happy wrenching bro ??

Awsome! Im so glad I was able to help. I know bournmouth rc has a collection of some of the most helpful "how to" vids on yt. He taught me how to remove the steering plate and change every bearing in my kraton. Hes on the forum to. Happy wrenching bro ??

Yeah that's the fella @Bournemouth RC great "how to" vids ?

RW-75 i did not use the lock nut for the front of the brace since it threads right on! Make sure you use some thread locker and you should go to go!

1593966031959.png

RW-75 i did not use the lock nut for the front of the brace since it threads right on! Make sure you use some thread locker and you should go to go!

View attachment 88291
Thanks ? all fitted now, ended up taking the top plate off & fixing top of brace to it while off as suggested by @Harlon ! Made it easy to access & threadlock cleanly!

Thanks ? all fitted now, ended up taking the top plate off & fixing top of brace to it while off as suggested by @Harlon ! Made it easy to access & threadlock cleanly!
Awsome bud! Im glad it all got installed smoothly ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back