M2c hinge pins kraton 1/8 exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJay18

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I have the front kit 3616 with the captured pins. No directions to be found and not sure what way the pins go or where a few of the bolts go. Anyone else put this kit on an exb?

I put the pins in with HR blocks. Same idea. You can't put the pins in the wrong way. They don't have a direction.

20220624_235045.jpg

My best guess is to put them in from the inside since the nuts with the red loctite were on the inside in the back. The sizes of the included screws seem way off though and I’ll probably have to use my original screws mostly. Not sure why the non locking nuts are even included as the pins only get nuts on one side and ill use the locking nuts.

C406E46A-A1A8-495E-9E9B-C4950D497F87.jpeg

Scratch that the locking nuts are much easier to get on from the inside. See this is why instructions are nice to have. I don't get why something so simple to make is not included.... I mean most of us can figure it out but, why leave the guessing and waste time with trial and error.....
This is the kit I have its for the exb and Mojave only.
https://m2cracing.net/kraton-v5-mod...nt-hinge-pin-retainer-kit-w-bumper-mount.html

Last edited:
@JJay18 your pins are in backwards. The flat end goes towards the inside of the truck and threaded nylon nuts go towards outside.

14008676-4034-494D-B176-A8A022306D08.jpeg

There’s a view videos on YouTube, one right from M2c and another from East Tactics. The non-locking nuts aren’t needed if you are using pins 3510.

Last edited:
@JJay18 your pins are in backwards. The flat end goes towards the inside of the truck and threaded nylon nuts go towards outside.

View attachment 230499

There’s a view videos on YouTube, one right from M2c and another from East Tactics. The non-locking nuts aren’t needed if you are using pins 3510.

Thanks, I got that part figured out after trial and error but the exb bumper uses the holes on the chassis right behind the pins. No nuts for those screws are included as they are smaller bolts. The original bolts screwed into the old plastic b-block. Thanks for that vid I see he describes why you need the pins the way they are but he is also using a m2c chassis and I am not. I may need to make a trip to the hardware store. I guess not too many people with the stock exb chassis have purchased this kit.

2FDF754F-BF5E-465C-BAA9-3BF26574C045.jpeg

Last edited:
I got everything installed now but those 2 screws that will require me to go get some nuts for them. I had to use a mix of screws in the kit and original screws.

I was left with this hardware that I did not use from the kit. Those screws are too short to use anywhere.

4FD52DE9-2D13-416A-B600-EDE6C4629958.jpeg

I forget the screw length but I think it’s 3x16 with a 3mm nylon nut to be able to fasten that skid/bumper through those holes you’ve shown.

I forget the screw length but I think it’s 3x16 with a 3mm nylon nut to be able to fasten that skid/bumper through those holes you’ve shown.
The only nylon nuts included were used for the hinge pins which are too large for that anyway. I will just pick some up at the hardware store hopefully today and ill be good. Would save a lot of people some time in the future if instructions were included though. Maybe I should help him with that.

Yes, you have to supply yourself with the nylon nuts. …..screws too.
The tiny screws you show above…….I didn’t use them either.

Yes, you have to supply yourself with the nylon nuts. …..screws too.
The tiny screws you show above…….I didn’t use them either.
There was 2 screws in the kit that will work perfect actually I just need the nylon nuts for them.

Are you sure you‘re not using the ones that screw through the hinge pin retainer from behind and into the gearbox? Those are crucial to install…….there shouldn’t be any long ones left in the kit I think.

120638EE-B4DF-4D76-8C41-FE58ADB89AD8.jpeg

Well I got some nylon nuts that fit but the issue now is getting a wrench or something on them to keep them from moving while tightening the screw.
Are you sure you‘re not using the ones that screw through the hinge pin retainer from behind and into the gearbox? Those are crucial to install…….there shouldn’t be any long ones left in the kit I think.

View attachment 230515
I used the original ones there I think because I didnt like how short the ones with the kit were.
Here is a pic of what I have now I just cant get anything to hold that nut from moving.
897FAC87-8AFA-4F07-8BF3-58DD05A025CE.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 230499

+1.
I watched this thread for a while before I posted.

Jay, use some needle nose pliers.
Those don't fit in there well either as I could only get about 1/3 of the way on it. Ill probably make up a wrench to hold it. My 5mm or 6mm don't fit. 5 is too small and 6mm is too large. don't think I have a standard wrench that small. Adjustable wrench wont fit in there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back