M2c hinge pins kraton 1/8 exb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a wrench. Thats going in my rc tool box.

00335E7E-D39D-4572-9775-A9A57D5AF47A.jpeg

theres no way I could let this beat me, what about a curved needle nose pliers?

New discovery. The diff cover will not come off unless I remove the m2c A block as its in the way of the diff cover. Thats awesome! Guess I am going back to stock. Seems like most all the aftermarket parts ive gotten have been worse than stock.

I did have to use a dremel to shave down the M2C A and D hinge pin blocks to allow proper fitment/assembly/disassembly of the HR diff covers. I would have dremmeled the diff covers but there wasn’t enough “meat” on them and they would have been compromised.

I would suggest you do this if you want to continue to use the M2C. It only takes a few mm of shaving to be able to remove and install the cover.

94FA8F12-0E72-465D-ACB3-F03B34555780.jpeg

New discovery. The diff cover will not come off unless I remove the m2c A block as its in the way of the diff cover. Thats awesome! Guess I am going back to stock. Seems like most all the aftermarket parts ive gotten have been worse than stock.
So you're going to go with a weaker part over a minor inconvenience? 🤔
Makes sense!

So you're going to go with a weaker part over a minor inconvenience? 🤔
Makes sense!
I don't like the captured hinge pins either and having to mess with the lock nuts when removing the exb bumper. I have heard of people bending the m2c hinge pins as well. I think the stock hinge pins and blocks will do just fine. I think Arrma built a pretty solid truck with the EXB.

I would suggest you do this if you want to continue to use the M2C. It only takes a few mm of shaving to be able to remove and install the cover.
I decided to stop complaining about it and just go this route and make it work. Should have been done though.

3A4C175F-F3AC-4A70-9869-6BE08E80E9F5.jpeg

D28FACE6-2F99-4B78-BB83-3ADB93A7E6C0.jpeg

theres no way I could let this beat me, what about a curved needle nose pliers?
A metric Ignition wrench will work. How I do it.
I have a Craftsman set of them for my scale cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back