Kraton M2C Kraton Chassis. Who else ordered one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it was one piece, wouldn't it still twist pretty easily? The brace itself isn't that wide and with as much leverage that would be put on it, even if that one piece was solid, it would still likely twist quite a bit. No?

Even if it was one piece, wouldn't it still twist pretty easily? The brace itself isn't that wide and with as much leverage that would be put on it, even if that one piece was solid, it would still likely twist quite a bit. No?
Correct, the brace is basically to protect the bulkhead and diff from flexing forward, the M2C chassis or justbash etc are meant to help the side to side flex/ twist. 1:1 cars use cross braces, roll cages, strut bars to assist in the side to side, RCs don’t use them because they need some level of flex. The amount of flex from Arrma rear however is not great for big air or most track racing for that matter because it emphasizes rough or loamy surface vs rigidity.

The justbash chassis is probably the most rigid because it has the side walls, but the thing just weighs a poop ton. It reminds me of an old school RC10 gold/ pan chassis.

Correct, the brace is basically to protect the bulkhead and diff from flexing forward, the M2C chassis or justbash etc are meant to help the side to side flex/ twist. 1:1 cars use cross braces, roll cages, strut bars to assist in the side to side, RCs don’t use them because they need some level of flex. The amount of flex from Arrma rear however is not great for big air or most track racing for that matter because it emphasizes rough or loamy surface vs rigidity.

The justbash chassis is probably the most rigid because it has the side walls, but the thing just weighs a poop ton. It reminds me of an old school RC10 gold/ pan chassis.

Let us know what you think about the M2C chassis and how much it adds to the rigidity.

Let us know what you think about the M2C chassis and how much it adds to the rigidity.
Will do... I own a lot of M2C stuff already so I expect it to be top notch, but no matter how nice I still would like a solid mounted rear brace. I also pre ordered the motor mount which looks amazing so I get to rebuild the Kraton 3 times this month yay.. ?

Love this stuff, towers, bulkheads, f/r chassis braces and motor/dif mount all tied together. At least a metal motor plate which connects to the two chassis braces.

I'm going to make something similar to what I did here for my arrmas. But connect it to the tower as well. This was all plastic ..

Love this stuff, towers, bulkheads, f/r chassis braces and motor/dif mount all tied together. At least a metal motor plate which connects to the two chassis braces.

I'm going to make something similar to what I did here for my arrmas. But connect it to the tower as well. This was all plastic ..View attachment 31278

YEP..... see how the brace ties to the bulkhead? Now that has to be one piece for the Arrmas and it’s money

Problem with doing this with the arrmas is the little piece that the wing mounts to has two little screws into the plastic. The one I made above has two pins running through the shocktower, bulkhead and is tapped into the aluminum brace mount and a another small screw tapped into the plastic.

The only way I see for the arrmas so far is making the senton brace mount with one hole instead of two out of aluminum and either doing away with a wing or mounting it somehow to it. This would tie your brace directly to the bulkhead and shocktower.

Problem with doing this with the arrmas is the little piece that the wing mounts to has two little screws into the plastic. The one I made above has two pins running through the shocktower, bulkhead and is tapped into the aluminum brace mount and a another small screw tapped into the plastic.

The only way I see for the arrmas so far is making the senton brace mount with one hole instead of two out of aluminum and either doing away with a wing or mounting it somehow to it. This would tie your brace directly to the bulkhead and shocktower.

That is exactly what needs to happen, you have to go with a new wing that goes direct to tower, and the current wing mount should mount to the tower, the bulkhead where it is currrently, and be one unit with the rear brace. You and I know that the design is deeply flawed. I won’t even get into the front brace that attaches to the steering plate. Everything needs to tie into the bulkheads.

This is a cut wing mount from my broken RpM mount and even if this was aluminum it still wouldn’t be equal to a one piece design which it should have been from the factory.

Anyone know if a 22 tooth pinion will fit? I don't want to lose a tooth :(

I believe it fits up to 21T I have to go through Rich D vids but he said it.

Edit.... scratch that he said it’s still in testing and pinion max size TBD.

Last edited:
Are you running with a wing? If so how are you mounting it?

Bummer, how can my stock mount fit a 22t lol.

Check my edit ?.... if it doesn’t go up that high, I’ll most likely be selling my current MM that fits literally any pinion any motor. I have a 1/6 motor now but.... I too am waiting on M2C.

Cool, I thought 21 sounded kind of small for a max pinion size. I like the low kv motors so I need to be able to fit a decent sized pinion.

Are you running with a wing? If so how are you mounting it?
I ordered a sheet of 7075 and I plan to use a Tekno mount. The lower part of the Tekno mount pretty much bolts direct to the Arrma bulkhead like stock and I’ll need to make a plate to mount the upper portion and use the body mount locations to bolt the plate in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back