Kraton M2C Kraton Chassis. Who else ordered one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first time ordering from them, but lots of people on the FB Arrmy group have recommended them. I ordered my chassis from the M2C site, too.

I always order directly from m2c. If there is ever a warranty problem, it's easily handled.

I did contact Mitch about the RPM arms and the droop screws problem. I hope he can enlighten me on what to do. I asked him about installing new inserts and what it would take. Anyone else concerned about it? I did order his hinge pins and droop screws. Patiently awaiting the motor mount.

I assume the hinge pins are $11 for a pair? Shows 2 in the picture, but wanted to be sure before ordering. I messages Mitch on FB Messenger, but no answer.

I am sure that is the case. I only ordered one, assuming it was a set. I'm sure he would have noted if it was only one.

No problems computer and hobby is trust worthy, he has a YouTube channel authorized m2c dealer

Oh yeah... I ordered one 2 days ago :). Pretty soon my Kraton will weigh like 25 lbs lol. I also just bought a max6 ESC to handle the hobbystar 4092

I got the M2C chassis installed on my Notorious and I removed the Markhor top plate. I think between the chassis and the Voltage Hobbies braces I will be good to go!

And one picture of the green shock towers, LOL

There still is one weakness that I’ve mentioned to the good people @ Voltage Hobby and it has nothing to do with them. The rear brace / wing mount design is a fatal flaw. That brace should be directly mounted to the bulkhead, it could be made of adamantium won’t matter, it’s bolted in between plastic allowing too much flex if you do big air. Hopefully the M2C chassis (I’ll know tomorrow) eliminates the side to side flex.

I got the M2C chassis installed on my Notorious and I removed the Markhor top plate. I think between the chassis and the Voltage Hobbies braces I will be good to go!

View attachment 31121View attachment 31123

And one picture of the green shock towers, LOL

View attachment 31122
That's a nice looking rig! I just ordered a set of hinge pins and droop screws from M2C. Waiting on the motor mount too. I'm an equal opportunity purchaser, though. I've got a set of JBIRC 20mm extended hexes on my Kraton too.

There still is one weakness that I’ve mentioned to the good people @ Voltage Hobby and it has nothing to do with them. The rear brace / wing mount design is a fatal flaw. That brace should be directly mounted to the bulkhead, it could be made of adamantium won’t matter, it’s bolted in between plastic allowing too much flex if you do big air. Hopefully the M2C chassis (I’ll know tomorrow) eliminates the side to side flex.

Would an HR rear diff bulkhead alleviate the issue?

Would an HR rear diff bulkhead alleviate the issue?

No, go look at your truck or a picture of it for reference. The rear brace is sandwiched in between the plastic wing mount arms and the spacers. Behind that is the wing mount that is attached to the bulkhead. Between the rear brace and that wingmount that is bolted to the bulkhead is a space. Essentially the rear brace is floating. I assume this is in the design because originally Team Durango used a 7075 chassis and wanted that flex to be present for rough tracks. I’m 99.9% sure they never had big air bashing in mind. When Arrma put the design to use for the 6s line up, they didn’t correct that issue.

If you put your truck on a stand (stock for sure, M2C I can’t comment on till tomorrow) hold it by the shock tower with one hand and then with the other hold it by the lower bulkhead (by the arms) and twist it fore and aft. You can feel it flex like a noodle. The side to side flex is why M2C made the chassis wider in the rear, however that doesn’t address the brace either for front to rear flex. This design flaw is also why wing mounts break super easy because they pass through the rear shock tower and are thin and long VS tower mounted and stubby.

Basically, if Voltage or M2C etc. where to eliminate the wing mount design by making the rear brace attach directly to the bulkhead. By also redesiging the rear tower to accept another brand wing mount such as Tekno or Losi that is shorter and wider it would solve that issue and then the rear end is pretty much good to go. I’m really surprised no one addressed this, all other 1/8 buggies/truggies to my knowledge all have that brace bolted to the bulkhead.

F’n novel I wrote huh? Oh and while I’m asking for new designs here, I’d also appreciate a 7075 steering bellcrank plate :).

Fyi you should keep your carbon top plate, it is bulkhead mounted I’m sure, I don’t own one. Also, the tower 2 tower brace concept is the same theory as bulkhead mounted braces because it stops the flex from the upper portion of the bulkhead itself. Ok I’m done promise.

Last edited:
I'm so confused ?

We are talking about this brace, right?

View attachment 31136
Yes..... see the aluminum part that is mounted to the upper bulkhead? It isn’t connected to the brace at all. It is close but not connected. That aluminum wingmount basically serves zero functional purpose. Now you see how the wing mount arms hold the top of the brace in place. So basically flexible plastic is holding an aluminum brace and nothing is holding the load from the upper bulkhead.

Last edited:
Another view, but still hard to see. Anyway, hoping Kenny or Mitch will read this and consider redesigning the parts to bulletproof the big girl

Edit: let me be clear though... this isn’t needed for most people, not everyone sends their truck to the extreme. The existing brace is good enough for 85% of the people out there. If you don’t get a stiffy when you see a BMX track or skatepark then don’t even worry about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back