Big Rock m2c racing motor plate and chassis brace now available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk but I feel that little brace piece is not really needed nor does it seem to really serve a purpose other than looking pretty.

I've broken 2 chassis so far launching my 3s/4s cars. Both times the motor mount and input gear on the rear diff got jacked, so I'll try these out and see if the same abuse does the same kind of damage. I think adding strength here will transfer the shock into the bulkheads and center brace better. We shall see 😉

Idk but I feel that little brace piece is not really needed nor does it seem to really serve a purpose other than looking pretty.
I believe @Rich Duperbash explained that the support is key for the motor mount. Keeping the motor square to the chassis and motor mount under impacts.
And the kit includes a new motor mount as well. Its 2 pieces for $70. No not cheap, especially for a 4x4 upgrade. But it is supposed to be a Fix. 🤷‍♂️
Looks over engineered for sure. That can't hurt.

Looks good and all but as everyone else said $70 is almost 1/4 of what the entire rig costs... Definitely would have thought the price point would have been a bit lower especially for a 3s rig. I mean the 6s motor mount is cheaper than this. You could get a 6s motor mount and set of standoffs for the same cost or a set of chassis braces and standoffs??

4x4 needed upgrades seem to be expensive. Maybe demand for them is high? IDK.

I believe @Rich Duperbash explained that the support is key for the motor mount. Keeping the motor square to the chassis and motor mount under impacts.
And the kit includes a new motor mount as well. Its 2 pieces for $70. No not cheap, especially for a 4x4 upgrade. But it is supposed to be a Fix. 🤷‍♂️
Looks over engineered for sure. That can't hurt.
It should have been a separate kit. For those who only need the motor support can buy it separate. Im sure one I put the motor support/brace. The stock one wont have any issues bending on nose dives.

I think the M2C motor mount was done for ease of precise gear alignment. 🤷‍♂️ Or maybe they are designed to fit with each other specifically.

I was looking at the 4x4 parts list in general and come to realize that many key parts are just as expensive as 6s parts.
And much of high demand 4x4 parts are on B/O.

Last edited:
Looks super beefcake, but when my stock plate tweaked on a mild noser last month had to go with a Hot Racing plate....which cost me $17.88. Great CNC and it’s been super tough on burly hits.

M2C made a great product but this is a classic case of getting a little greedy. Can’t make a small upgrade 1/5th the price of a new vehicle.

(but who am I kidding? I’ll probably talk myself into it by the weekend 😂🦾)

Looks super beefcake, but when my stock plate tweaked on a mild noser last month had to go with a Hot Racing plate....which cost me $17.88. Great CNC and it’s been super tough on burly hits.

M2C made a great product but this is a classic case of getting a little greedy. Can’t make a small upgrade 1/5th the price of a new vehicle.

(but who am I kidding? I’ll probably talk myself into it by the weekend 😂🦾)

Yeah, we were bending the stock plate all the time on the V3 BRCC, but the HR plate has been holding up on pretty crazy sends. I think it will be enough for the majority of people.

At $70. the M2C set is made of 7075 T6. Part of the cost right there.
I guess, it will Never bend again. Handles larger motors and gears as well.
There is some value there for sure. But yes it is a good chunk of coin going into an inexpensive rig by comparison.
I don't know that the HR is 7075 or even 6061.
It could even be cheap 5052 alloy (Monkey metal) at $18. (Like the Stock one) Who knows? But may be good enough also. 🤷‍♂️

After bending my motor plate I s decided to go for the Custom Rc motor plate

https://customrcupgrades.com/product/arrma-3s-and-4s-motor-mount/

at £29 and made out of 7075.

I think the m2c one is good for people like me who only have one rig and just want a permanent fix, but it’s all going to depend on where the energy from the crash ends up at the end of the day something has got to bend or break somewhere.

Wish they had a version with standard fixed positions.

Adjustable motor mounts are the standard on pretty much every other rc car. Fixed mounts are the new craze for all the self gratification generation.

Here's my wishful thinking/hoping - maybe the revamped 4s line will include a beefed up 7075 motor plate.

That, or at least as part of a line of optional EXB parts for the 3S/4S line.

I doubt there will ever be EXB roller versions for the 3S line, but I can definitely see beefier optional parts being offered eventually. I certainly hope so! :)

Hopefully the upcoming update to the 4S line will have some compatibility with the 3S line. Not true exb but stronger parts. there are lots of items from the ‘current’ 4S line that are helpful. (i.e. tower to tower brace)
Hurricane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back