Big Rock m2c racing motor plate and chassis brace now available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too expensive IMO. Arrma and Hot Racing make a motor plate and as far as that chassis brace it's a waste.

I believe @Rich Duperbash explained that the support is key for the motor mount. Keeping the motor square to the chassis and motor mount under impacts.
And the kit includes a new motor mount as well. Its 2 pieces for $70. No not cheap, especially for a 4x4 upgrade. But it is supposed to be a Fix. 🤷‍♂️
Looks over engineered for sure. That can't hurt.
They made it "sealed" as well, to keep dirt out. It does look fantastic.
That, or at least as part of a line of optional EXB parts for the 3S/4S line.

I doubt there will ever be EXB roller versions for the 3S line, but I can definitely see beefier optional parts being offered eventually. I certainly hope so! :)
I think 3s/4s EXB would be perfect for everyone. Beginners and the experienced could have fun with that.

At $70. the M2C set is made of 7075 T6. Part of the cost right there.
I guess, it will Never bend again. Handles larger motors and gears as well.
There is some value there for sure. But yes it is a good chunk of coin going into an inexpensive rig by comparison.
I don't know that the HR is 7075 or even 6061.
It could even be cheap 5052 alloy (Monkey metal) at $18. (Like the Stock one) Who knows? But may be good enough also. 🤷‍♂️

I work in an industry where we use a TON of sheet metal of all types. There is a shortage of material here in the US and we're paying a premium at the moment just to get what we can. This may be part of the reason for the premium price point from the start.

I work in an industry where we use a TON of sheet metal of all types. There is a shortage of material here in the US and we're paying a premium at the moment just to get what we can. This may be part of the reason for the premium price point from the start.
I have a friend that does CNC and he has been out of 7075 awhile now. The price is just more than he can justify to resale anything. I'm sure that is a big part of the price.

And gasoline prices are soaring again. I wonder why! ;) Kind of obvious why.
And unfortunate for us all.:cool:

Edit: The writing was on the wall.

Last edited:
That brace right smack in the middle of the motor mount seems like a solid fix to possible mount bends. Plus the plate is designed to keep all of the dirt out of the spur & pinion which has always been an issue. So much that people have had to dremel a slit under the chassis to let some of the dirt fly out of the spur compartment. I think it's a brilliant upgrade. BUT NOT FOR ALL. If you are doing speed runs and primarily on hard pavement then maybe this is not for you...but if your in the mud and dirt and sand...this may save a lot of other moving parts. I bent my Motor mount on a hard tumble...so I used longer screws with a locknut to secure the mount better. I haven't bent one since, but that brace seems stronger than 3 lil lock nuts. IMO

Adjustable motor mounts are the standard on pretty much every other rc car. Fixed mounts are the new craze for all the self gratification generation.
^^^ This. 👍
I feel fixed gear mesh settings were really designed to streamline/speed up the factory assembly process.( much less labor time) Ends up being a marketing tool. Any End User advantage, if any, is slim to none. IMO. Notice that many upgrade options in this regard offer adjustable version motor mounts. For a reason. Fixed goes against you in the long term. For many reasons.
I never seen a fixed gear mesh setup that meshed the gears better than I could or any better than I felt they should be. It ends up being more of a problem, then just there for sake of convenience.
From my experience.:cool:

^^^ This. 👍
I feel fixed gear mesh settings were really designed to streamline/speed up the factory assembly process.( much less labor time) Ends up being a marketing tool. Any End User advantage, if any, is slim to none. IMO. Notice that many upgrade options in this regard offer adjustable version motor mounts. For a reason. Fixed goes against you in the long term. For many reasons.
I never seen a fixed gear mesh setup that meshed the gears better than I could or any better than I felt they should be. It ends up being more of a problem, then just there for sake of convenience.
From my experience.:cool:
Every single rc I have ever had that had a fixed motor mount the gear mesh was way too tight, both of my 3s Arrmas and both of the cheapo WL Toys cars too. Every single one had literally zero backlash what so ever.

^^^
I noticed the same here, 99% of the time, way too tight. 🤷‍♂️
Wearing out spur/pin so much faster all the the time. (n) An easy way for OE's to sell you more gears frequently.:LOL: The Traxxasss way of RC'ing.
My TRX4 would bind just because of this. Motor would run hot.(n)

EDIT: I ended up getting a TRX4 Alloy Integy Fixed mount. The fit was Off in other areas. Had to Dremel a bit to get a good fit., but the Mesh was way better. Solved the problem.

Last edited:
Idk but I feel that little brace piece is not really needed nor does it seem to really serve a purpose other than looking pretty.
I am also a bit surprised at the price. It is higher than what I was expecting.
I too was a bit surprised at the price 🤔. The thickness and dimension of the T6 support piece is what drove it up from what I understand. It's a beefy chunk 👀. Until now, nothing but hardware and plastic framing has supported the motor plate and slipper assembly. That's fine for some uses and driving styles with smaller motors. The problem is the motor cranks on the slipper housing with harder bashing until it cracks and let's the gears lose alignment. The M2C design isn't overkill, it just eliminates a weak spot in the original design for harsher impacts. I agree the cost is considerable for the price range of the truck. People have to decide if it's worth it for their needs.

I believe @Rich Duperbash explained that the support is key for the motor mount. Keeping the motor square to the chassis and motor mount under impacts.
And the kit includes a new motor mount as well. Its 2 pieces for $70. No not cheap, especially for a 4x4 upgrade. But it is supposed to be a Fix. 🤷‍♂️
Looks over engineered for sure. That can't hurt.
yeah but 70 bucks are 1/3 of the price for the whole truck, way too much

Not really , depends how often you bend/replace the manufacturer motor plate , I have been through 3. But there are other options out there , I’m now currently the the CustomRc motor plate which is £34 U.K. which has been brilliant so far.

I think the fixed position plates were stronger due to more material on the plate. Like on the V2 versions. Maybe if I put a very large motor in the 3s I might add the M2C. Just seems like overkill.

I think the fixed position plates were stronger due to more material on the plate. Like on the V2 versions. Maybe if I put a very large motor in the 3s I might add the M2C. Just seems like overkill.
Pretty sure they are both the same thickness.

Yes, I thought the price was high. USE M2CCOUPON in the code section t save 10%. Still expensive, but after straightening the motor mount twice and eating thru spru gears, I had enough. The stock plate is garbage. I haven't even had big airs or hard hits. If this solves my spur gear issue, it is money well spent. And yes, fixed motor positions would be good, because the ARRMA design is crap for setting mesh. The spur is only supported on one side when your set the motor. Putting together and the support from the other side can cause a small shift, which is enough to screw up the mesh. The mesh needs to be set with everything else locked in. The sliding motor plates like in the other lineups are the best, but fixed would be better in this crap design since you have to kind of guess when you are trying to set the mesh with the spur supported from one side.

I found it interesting that they list prices for each part separately, but they won't sell them that way. For the way I run my Typhon 3S I only need a better motor plate, not a better support. The Hot Racing motor plate would work for me, but it is nearly impossible to find one right now. If M2C would offer the motor plate separately I would consider buying one.

I found it interesting that they list prices for each part separately, but they won't sell them that way. For the way I run my Typhon 3S I only need a better motor plate, not a better support. The Hot Racing motor plate would work for me, but it is nearly impossible to find one right now. If M2C would offer the motor plate separately I would consider buying one.

for a brief moment they did and someone tried buying the motor plate separately but was then told that they worked together as a set - it’s in one of the threads here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back