M2C racing ZRS Shock cap kit Issues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Yesterday when I was bashing w/ a set of your M2C Shock Tower Standoffs - the right rear backed out on me and ripped the entire top pcs off the - ZRS Shock cap as you can see in attachments 2 & 3 after ripping a double and landing on all 4's, my ZRC shock cap totally got ripped off the entire shock..

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.58.11 PM.png

M3080 Shock tower standoffs.jpeg

M2C racing 3075 16mm ZRS Shock Caps 1.jpeg

M2C racing 3075 16mm ZRS Shock Caps .jpeg

Last edited:
You mean like this.
3CCAC159-B475-4FF8-A52E-9C7F844C2811.jpeg

I did this just shy of a year ago... I’ve also torn a couple not completely off, but enough to leak.

Last edited:
That sucks that happened bro!:eek: There is a V2 standoff that is being tested now that is a 4140 steel and you will red thread lock your own stud to ensure nothing comes loose.👌Also just a heads up the ZRS caps won't fit the V5's properly as Arrma changed the threads on the top of the shock body👀

Last edited:
That sucks that happened bro!:eek: There is a V2 standoff that is being tested now that is a 4140 steel and you will red thread lock your own stud to ensure nothing comes loose.👌Also just a heads up the ZRS caps won't fit the V5's properly as Arrma changed the threads on the top of the shock body👀
Well that wasn’t a very nice sneak in by arrma lol. Good to know tho! Thanks brother Eric! @RC DUDE81

Thanks brother for the comment!!! I think I am just going to go back to my stock ARRMA ones that came on my #v3 #KRATON.
1st, I am going to make sure none of the parts inside of the shocks are damaged and then I am going to rebuild them and just put on my old caps..
Has anyone tired these before or will these probably end up leaking as well #ARRMAFAMILY?

1613316963784.png

Shock cap needs to be made more thick.

Correct.. a bit thicker in that top land section would do the trick.. hopefully Mitch will start doing that at some point..👍

Thanks brother for the comment!!! I think I am just going to go back to my stock ARRMA ones that came on my #v3 #KRATON.
1st, I am going to make sure none of the parts inside of the shocks are damaged and then I am going to rebuild them and just put on my old caps..
Has anyone tired these before or will these probably end up leaking as well #ARRMAFAMILY?

View attachment 126507
I have a set of these, and honestly... I’m gonna get hated on for this but ... they seem to better than the ZRS 🤷🏻‍♂️ They even feel more plush... I used a set of @Basherqueen shock bodies for mine.. they look great 👌🏻

hr has some really shotty products, but I’d rate these on par with there really good products like their bulkheads 👍🏻
A96F2A9A-A739-4E28-BB9E-E13521326493.jpeg

Last edited:
I reached out to Mitch about the issue with the shock caps over a month ago. He did contact me, but the issue wasn't known at the time. I guess I'm stuck with a set of messed up V5 shocks that leak! 🤷‍♂️ :mad:

Edit: Just got an email from m2c, they're going to fix the issue! (y)

Last edited:
Well that wasn’t a very nice sneak in by arrma lol. Good to know tho! Thanks brother Eric! @RC DUDE81
M2C will be ones again standing behind there products !
They are sending me out 2 shock caps! 👍 👍 👍 👍

You got a better response than me, when I called Mitch last year when this happened to me, he said “It happens...”

he did however make them available in pairs, instead of a set like I asked. 👍

When I had a problem with one of his products being manufactured wrong, which was only discovered after I deanodized the part, this is all I got from them............

"You do know that taking the anodizing off voids the warrentee.
It also took off .002 of material
When you took 9ff the anodizing causing the bearing not to fit properly."

When I had a problem with one of his products being manufactured wrong, which was only discovered after I deanodized the part, this is all I got from them............

"You do know that taking the anodizing off voids the warrentee.
It also took off .002 of material
When you took 9ff the anodizing causing the bearing not to fit properly."
When .002 becomes an issue in anything rc related I am going to need a whole new set of tools 🤪

When .002 becomes an issue in anything rc related I am going to need a whole new set of tools 🤪
I've never had any issues with bearings not fitting after deanodizing other diff cups 🤷‍♂️
Either way the diff cup was made wrong anyway.
Hole is off center and out of round..... but whatever I'll just buy diff cups from someone else if he is going to be that way, plenty of other diff cups out there so.
20210124_190721.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back