Kraton M2c rear hinge pin install ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
sup arrma gang ? so I got my m2c rear hinge pin kit in today and managed to install it. The install went great up until I went to reattach the bulkhead back to the chassis. Once I tighted the screws up, my whole entire rear suspension bound up really bad. Long story short, I had to do a bunch of dremeling to the rpm rear arms so they would swing free. I didnt over tighten the hinge pins so im not sure why the fit was so off. The only thing I can think of is these parts were designed to go onto the m2c chassis ? i did eventually get the suspension arms swinging free but it was more tweaking that what I used to doing with m2c parts. Anyone else have this issue? More specifically, the part of the arm that swings on the hinge pin was binding up with the top of the chassis. So i had to take some plastic off the bottom of the arm to free it up. Maybe I've just been lucky with all my aftermarket parts fitting perfectly and $hit like this us somewhat normal ??‍♂️
20200612_215252.jpg
20200612_215240.jpg

Wow....i think this is the first time one of my posts left arrma forum speechless ?

Have you tried loosening up the hinge pin a little, or maybe reverse the pins? Something could possibly be bent. The aftermarket hinge pins didn't bind in the a-arms either?

Have you tried loosening up the hinge pin a little, or maybe reverse the pins? Something could possibly be bent. The aftermarket hinge pins didn't bind in the a-arms either?
The hinge pin fit good in the a arm..it was only when I tightened bulkhead to the chassis when everything bound up really bad. It was definitely strange. Almost as if this upgrade wasn't for the rpm A arms but that can't be, being that everyone runs them. This upgrade might not be used by to many people yet. It did only come out only a couple months ago.

That's very possible. I'm saving up for the same upgrade on my outcast. So far everything I've purchased from M2C has fit good. I don't recommend this, but maybe you could shim it a hair, under the bulkhead? Assuming everything is in properly, I screwed small steps countless time. Heck I continue to. M2C mentions there is a 1* toe, maybe something is just slightly off?

sup arrma gang ? so I got my m2c rear hinge pin kit in today and managed to install it. The install went great up until I went to reattach the bulkhead back to the chassis. Once I tighted the screws up, my whole entire rear suspension bound up really bad. Long story short, I had to do a bunch of dremeling to the rpm rear arms so they would swing free. I didnt over tighten the hinge pins so im not sure why the fit was so off. The only thing I can think of is these parts were designed to go onto the m2c chassis ? i did eventually get the suspension arms swinging free but it was more tweaking that what I used to doing with m2c parts. Anyone else have this issue? More specifically, the part of the arm that swings on the hinge pin was binding up with the top of the chassis. So i had to take some plastic off the bottom of the arm to free it up. Maybe I've just been lucky with all my aftermarket parts fitting perfectly and $hit like this us somewhat normal ??‍♂️View attachment 85411View attachment 85412

It was my understanding that you would just need to lock the threads in on both sides by the locknut and that would lock the system together. You can get on Facebook and message Mitchel Looper and ask, but my understanding is you wouldn’t tighten them down beyond that. Hope that helps. Bash on ??

The M2C stuff was designed with the stock parts in mind. Try fitting the rear tower brace with the RPM wing mount.

Rear shock mount and rpm wing arms don't fit flush fyi - Had to shave some of the rpm part around the screw hole off

The M2C stuff was designed with the stock parts in mind. Try fitting the rear tower brace with the RPM wing mount.
That's right. I do remember you having an issue with those two parts going together. ?

Compared with mine your hinge pin bolts look short..?
Mine didn't bind..!! it was a nice tight snug fit though.

View attachment 85850View attachment 85851
Your using the stock a arms. I think thats where the problem is coming from. I have rpm arms on the stock chassis. Somewhere in that formula my suspension $hit the bed. ??‍♂️ when i get the energy. Im gana put the stock arms on and see if that fixes the issue ?

Mine are Mojave arms, if I remember correctly the hinge pin kit doesn't work with a complete Mojave, but mines not a complete Mojave ..???
But I understand your point about stock vs aftermarket..??

Mine are Mojave arms, if I remember correctly the hinge pin kit doesn't work with a complete Mojave, but mines not a complete Mojave ..???
That's insane bro ? but sounds like an awsome idea ??

Do you, or anyone know what exactly about the Mojave makes the m2c rear hinge pin setup not work? I have a Mojave and just snapped my rear-front aluminum and composite suspension mount in a wicked crash and was hoping to strengthen things up a bit. When I called m2c (he actually answered on a Sunday - that's amazing customer support btw) he wasn't exactly sure the details of the fitment issue on the rear (the front one will fit btw) but thought it was related to how the rear bumper mounts vs other arrma models. Does anyone have a Mojave and another arrma model that can compare and provide some insight? I don't mind ordering the hinge pin mount and trying to get it to work, but would prefer to have some additional insight first so I know what I'm getting into. I also don't want to go through the effort if others have already tried and it's not possible. thanks for the help!

I'm going to guess that this is the issue here, the bolt sticks out the back and I'd suspect the bumper mount has no clearance to the hinge pin block..?

WNGXTDZEHTCHEXT63MDW28G3UM2B2V6BEUK2K3KMJJDGYAPUZN.jpg

I'm going to guess that this is the issue here, the bolt sticks out the back and I'd suspect the bumper mount has no clearance to the hinge pin block..?

View attachment 90308
Yea and the other issue I see is that the back of the rear bumper skid plate mounts with 3 screws right into the rr hinge pin mount vs the 2 screws in the back of the chassis/ gearbox case. i think using the tbone racing rear bumper might make this possible due to it only using the 4 screws into the chassis/gearbox case. thanks for the reply.

Yea and the other issue I see is that the back of the rear bumper skid plate mounts with 3 screws right into the rr hinge pin mount vs the 2 screws in the back of the chassis/ gearbox case. i think using the tbone racing rear bumper might make this possible due to it only using the 4 screws into the chassis/gearbox case. thanks for the reply.
I thin kif i switched to the tbone racing front and rear bumpers i might be able to use the m2c

here's the stock skid place
1595194058092.png

and heres the tbone racing
1595193738600.png

1595194190658.png

sup arrma gang ? so I got my m2c rear hinge pin kit in today and managed to install it. The install went great up until I went to reattach the bulkhead back to the chassis. Once I tighted the screws up, my whole entire rear suspension bound up really bad. Long story short, I had to do a bunch of dremeling to the rpm rear arms so they would swing free. I didnt over tighten the hinge pins so im not sure why the fit was so off. The only thing I can think of is these parts were designed to go onto the m2c chassis ? i did eventually get the suspension arms swinging free but it was more tweaking that what I used to doing with m2c parts. Anyone else have this issue? More specifically, the part of the arm that swings on the hinge pin was binding up with the top of the chassis. So i had to take some plastic off the bottom of the arm to free it up. Maybe I've just been lucky with all my aftermarket parts fitting perfectly and $hit like this us somewhat normal ??‍♂️View attachment 85411View attachment 85412
Did you get it sorted bro

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back