Kraton M2C Rear Shock Tower + M2C Brace - Alignment Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcal-rc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My son and I just finished installing the new m2c rear shock tower + m2c rear shock tower brace + rpm wing mount. I'm wondering if anyone else can speak to the gap between the ears of the tower braces and the shock tower. There's a good 3/8" gap.

The instructions (on their website) say to lay the ears of the braces against the shock tower, drill the hole, then attach the screw and nut. I'm sure I can get it to suck up but I'm wondering if this is an indication my chassis is bent or something? Or maybe this is how it's supposed to be?

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpeg
    IMG_3785.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 270
The gap isn’t there with the stock wing mount, but when running an RPM wing mount you’ll need to grind away the plastic where the tower brace makes contact.
It doesn’t take a whole lot of material being removed in the inside edges for the flat part of the brace to mate with the tower.

My opinion is those extra braces are more to add on to stock towers than the M2C tower, I hav eseen some nasty crashes happen to the m2c tower and it still stands straight in my experience.

My opinion is those extra braces are more to add on to stock towers than the M2C tower, I hav eseen some nasty crashes happen to the m2c tower and it still stands straight in my experience.

Glad to hear this!! It didn't take much once the wing broke off to bend the stock one.
The gap isn’t there with the stock wing mount, but when running an RPM wing mount you’ll need to grind away the plastic where the tower brace makes contact.
It doesn’t take a whole lot of material being removed in the inside edges for the flat part of the brace to mate with the tower.

This response is exactly why I figured I better post here before drilling. Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_3767.jpeg
    IMG_3767.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 153
Thank you again, everyone! After grinding the RPM wing mounts they laid down perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_3788.jpeg
    IMG_3788.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 203
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back