Notorious M2C Speed Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
I want to pick the minds of this awesome basher community. I've tried looking around and I'm not seeing much about this.

I'm thinking about upgrading my chassis.
Was wondering if any v5 Notorious/Outcast users have ran the M2C SPEED CHASSIS and their thoughts on it for bashing.
I know the Goliath chassis is loved by just about everyone but I'd like to keep her as light as I can as I plan to keep the electronics stock and at the current weight she runs without getting hot.

I know they say it's not for heavy bashing but I wanted to see if the real world experience matched. Seems like everything m2c is borderline indestructible.

The speed chassis is around the same thickness as stock and similar or less in weight. Regardless of which one I'll be replacing the plastic braces with m2c aluminum.

Anyone got experience with these? I see the ears have to be modified, what does that entail?

Should I just stick with the tried and true Goliath Chassis and gear down if need be?

I do alot of kicker jumps onto pavement and quarter pipe sends onto grass when I bash. I don't do any huge jumps onto concrete. And I don't have a bowl to play in or rails to contend with.

Thanks for the help whatever you guys can give!

This happened today. My fault, not the truck's, but since it's already smashed contemplating going full ham and making her how I want.
IMG_20220504_145208919_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220504_145141112.jpg

I agree with the need to save weight over the usual side of beef. I don't know if the speed chassis is utility pole rated, I think any run-in with a pole will come with the sound of jingling money falling from your pockets. My honest impression (based on zero experience with the speed chassis) is that it would be considerably stronger than the 7075 EXB chassis. With your tower to tower brace set right and beefy shock towers, it's reasonable to imagine a pretty stout result. I have made up my mind to try one on my next super-secret build that I don't want to spoil with details. I'll have real answers come summertime. Stay clear of poles!

I agree with the need to save weight over the usual side of beef. I don't know if the speed chassis is utility pole rated, I think any run-in with a pole will come with the sound of jingling money falling from your pockets. My honest impression (based on zero experience with the speed chassis) is that it would be considerably stronger than the 7075 EXB chassis. With your tower to tower brace set right and beefy shock towers, it's reasonable to imagine a pretty stout result. I have made up my mind to try one on my next super-secret build that I don't want to spoil with details. I'll have real answers come summertime. Stay clear of poles!
😂 😂😂 Nothing will survive full throttle into a pole Traxxas XO1 style. Like I said my fault, not the truck's.

I'm asking about the Speed Chassis in regards to my NORMAL day 😜moderate to decently high jumps at the skate park. Big jumps on grass.

I'm running a Talion and have used everything m2c but not the lightweight chassis

Now I can't seem to purchase it and am disappointed

And that post would bend any chassis lol
Oh dang hopefully they restock soon. ,👍

Yeah the ol' depth perception really let me down today. Made a little road coarse with soccer cones racing against my uncle's Maxx..the finish line was between a cone and that pole. What could go wrong? 😂😂😭💀

EDIT: You guys are killin' me with all the utility pole cracks 😂😂😂😂. That was a walk of shame today if I ever had one for sure.

Last edited:
Anyone who has one on a v5/EXB set up know what M2C means that the rear ears aren't compatible? How much material are we talking? I'd be willing to buy a file or two but otherwise I don't have any tools for manipulating metal.

Anyone who has one on a v5/EXB set up know what M2C means that the rear ears aren't compatible? How much material are we talking? I'd be willing to buy a file or two but otherwise I don't have any tools for manipulating metal.
I'm using the rpm arms now so they are the pre exb design, so that's not a concern to me anymore....

But I'm also using the m2c droop screw which help the cross compatibility

I'm using the rpm arms now so they are the pre exb design, so that's not a concern to me anymore....

But I'm also using the m2c droop screw which help the cross compatibility
I haven't had a chance to take her apart and assess all the damage, but both front arms are completely unscathed. Hinge pins got pushed through the back and the front diff/bulkhead bottom screws were sheered off the bottom. Basically the only things holding the front on are the tower to tower brace and the steering link 💀

So I have no complaints about EXB arms if they can survive that, they can survive more than anything I'll throw at them..on purpose anyway 😂😂🤣

I bashed with a typhon on speed chassis and while the chassis never had an issue I did bend center dog bones a few times. Granted these were bad crashes but still I suppose that means that chassis was flexing a lot. That's also a typhon that doesn't have a tower to tower brace so that would help a lot to have with the outcast

I bashed with a typhon on speed chassis and while the chassis never had an issue I did bend center dog bones a few times. Granted these were bad crashes but still I suppose that means that chassis was flexing a lot. That's also a typhon that doesn't have a tower to tower brace so that would help a lot to have with the outcast
Yeah I'll be running aluminum chassis braces going forward regardless of what chassis I get and keeping the tower to tower for sure 👍

I can tell the difference on my talion. I don't do duperbash sends but I send it enough to break something other than that chassis nearly everytime. I had to file a few mil to get it to fit with the exb arms but found some decent ti droopscrews with a good amount of coverage to offset this. Chassis is a work of art with all the milled out pockets. I'm not a 100% but I think @Dscracing1320 has a yt vid of a typhon big sends with one on too.
20211220_090819.jpg
20220130_151620.jpg

I can tell the difference on my talion. I don't do duperbash sends but I send it enough to break something other than that chassis nearly everytime. I had to file a few mil to get it to fit with the exb arms but found some decent ti droopscrews with a good amount of coverage to offset this. Chassis is a work of art with all the milled out pockets. I'm not a 100% but I think @Dscracing1320 has a yt vid of a typhon big sends with one on too. View attachment 215625View attachment 215626
Sick build dude. Looks like a straight up beast!

Probably easiest thing would be just to clamp the the stock chassis to the new one and file the ears till they match? Just a couple millimeters I can handle that.

Sick build dude. Looks like a straight up beast!

Probably easiest thing would be just to clamp the the stock chassis to the new one and file the ears till they match? Just a couple millimeters I can handle that.
Thanks man she's a beaut but....the one I break the most 🤣. I've had to put the std combo back in as imo it's too light with that chassis on for big power. The weight saving is no joke. Think its 260ish grams which is a hell of a lot lighter than anything else out there worth having. Was trying to find a pic of what I shaved off. Pic isn't very good but 🤷‍♂️
20210321_124618.jpg

I have made up my mind to try one on my next super-secret build that I don't want to spoil with details. I'll have real answers come summertime. Stay clear of poles!
🤔 Makes mental note to watch for posts by @Monster Dork this summer and time MY super-secret build accordingly. 😂

I want to pick the minds of this awesome basher community. I've tried looking around and I'm not seeing much about this.

I'm thinking about upgrading my chassis.
Was wondering if any v5 Notorious/Outcast users have ran the M2C SPEED CHASSIS and their thoughts on it for bashing.
I know the Goliath chassis is loved by just about everyone but I'd like to keep her as light as I can as I plan to keep the electronics stock and at the current weight she runs without getting hot.

I know they say it's not for heavy bashing but I wanted to see if the real world experience matched. Seems like everything m2c is borderline indestructible.

The speed chassis is around the same thickness as stock and similar or less in weight. Regardless of which one I'll be replacing the plastic braces with m2c aluminum.

Anyone got experience with these? I see the ears have to be modified, what does that entail?

Should I just stick with the tried and true Goliath Chassis and gear down if need be?

I do alot of kicker jumps onto pavement and quarter pipe sends onto grass when I bash. I don't do any huge jumps onto concrete. And I don't have a bowl to play in or rails to contend with.

Thanks for the help whatever you guys can give!

This happened today. My fault, not the truck's, but since it's already smashed contemplating going full ham and making her how I want.
View attachment 215587
View attachment 215588
There is a fairly recent Duperdash video where he’s running his Outcast ‘light’ which has the MTC speed chassis. The rest of the build was a lot of carbon fiber and other lightweight parts. Seemed to hold up very well to skatepark fun.

>>>>
Get the TLRT Typhon SWB chassis. (y) I feel this is a great Sleeper chassis for the price. Machined out/lightened etc.
Jenny's RC.....
It is a SWB drop in Option chassis for the Notorious. Pretty light at that. I have the TLRT.
Make sure to run alloy F/R braces ( M2C's) and you will be good. Use a CF rod/sleeve over the Stocker T2T and it will be rigid and light enough for a SWB chassis.
Considering doing this myself for my Noto.
:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks man she's a beaut but....the one I break the most 🤣. I've had to put the std combo back in as imo it's too light with that chassis on for big power. The weight saving is no joke. Think its 260ish grams which is a hell of a lot lighter than anything else out there worth having. Was trying to find a pic of what I shaved off. Pic isn't very good but 🤷‍♂️ View attachment 215664
No that's very helpful that's exactly what I wanted to see thanks man! Yeah all the big basher chassis are heavy as poop. I just want one close to stock weight that's tougher and I'll be happy. Thinking it might be this one that looks easy enough to do.
There is a fairly recent Duperdash video where he’s running his Outcast ‘light’ which has the MTC speed chassis. The rest of the build was a lot of carbon fiber and other lightweight parts. Seemed to hold up very well to skatepark fun.
I'll check that out right now. If he can't kill it then I'm sure it's plenty for me 💪
>>>>
Get the TLRT Typhon SWB chassis. (y) I feel this is a great Sleeper chassis for the price. Machined out/lightened etc.
Jenny's RC.....
It is a SWB drop in Option chassis for the Notorious. Pretty light at that. I have the TLRT.
Make sure to run alloy F/R braces ( M2C's) and you will be good. Use a CF rod/sleeve over the Stocker T2T and it will be rigid and light enough for a SWB chassis.
Considering doing this myself for my Noto.
:cool:
Is it any different than the regular SWB EXB chassis other than lighter? If you do put it on yours let me know how it holds up! 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back