Notorious M2C Speed Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>>>>
Get the TLRT Typhon SWB chassis. (y) I feel this is a great Sleeper chassis for the price. Machined out/lightened etc.
Jenny's RC.....
It is a SWB drop in Option chassis for the Notorious. Pretty light at that. I have the TLRT.
Make sure to run alloy F/R braces ( M2C's) and you will be good. Use a CF rod/sleeve over the Stocker T2T and it will be rigid and light enough for a SWB chassis.
Considering doing this myself for my Noto.
:cool:

I’m considering this to. It’s the same weight as the M2C chassis (275gr) and a lot cheaper at Jenny’s (67 dollar). Since I never had problems with the stock chassis I don’t expect problems with the TLR chassis. EXB chassis would be another option, but I think it is heavier (but cheaper at Jenny’s -> $50-ish)

Or just buy a bunch of stock chassis’s ($9) and use carbon fiber for the towers etc. Stock chassis is only 25 grams heavier than the M2C and TLR. Per gram weight saved those chassis’s are the most expensive upgrades you can make. 2 cf towers cost about the same as the TLR chassis and save more weight.

QUOTE="Crunchy Gears, post: 740520, member: 32685"]
$600 vet bill made the decision for me. Running the $8 stocker one more time. 😐 Thank God for Jenny's 🤘

When I got the extra finances, I'm definitely going to give the m2c speed chassis and braces a whirl though thanks for all the help guys!
[/QUOTE]

Read this to late. Sorry to hear this but stock is OK too.

Last edited:
CF serves a purpose, no doubt. Just not a big fan of CF these days. I have much of it on my older track rigs. Towers etc. Just never felt it was durable enough for me. I have damaged much CF very easily. Splinters/frays at the edges etc. Chassis slap alone, will get the best of any CF chassis much quicker than Alloy does. CF is not best parts for areas that will make contact with impacts.
For CF to make any real weight savings, you need the whole shebang/kit of them on your rig
. Or you won't appreciate any real weight savings. A CF part here and there serves no purpose considering their price point. Just becomes Bling at best for the most part.
I vote for a TLRT Chassis. Best bang for the buck. JennysRC.(y)
Just me.

Last edited:
fair enough. My only experience with cf is with a shock tower from Basher Queen. So far I am impressed but it has only been on for two months.

A cf chassis isn’t something I would consider either.

I'm working on one with the TLR Chassis. So far so good sill need to put a couple things back on and I need to take it for a spin.
1F397066-793A-4C2B-B0DB-853F7555A5CB.jpeg

80722A5E-E4DA-4458-83EE-3E53629AECDC.jpeg

94BE74AB-498D-44C5-A9B2-5657087E1A17.jpeg

1890C2BC-358F-4FCB-A7A7-DE58EDB8E26A.jpeg

E954D1FC-978E-4A0D-BE80-4BEDD43D6241.jpeg

E1E6CBEA-B090-4F73-864E-69A99D7BEF63.jpeg

1D271BD2-ACFA-4907-816E-D775E36AFAFF.jpeg

>>>>
Get the TLRT Typhon SWB chassis. (y) I feel this is a great Sleeper chassis for the price. Machined out/lightened etc.
Jenny's RC.....
It is a SWB drop in Option chassis for the Notorious. Pretty light at that. I have the TLRT.
Make sure to run alloy F/R braces ( M2C's) and you will be good. Use a CF rod/sleeve over the Stocker T2T and it will be rigid and light enough for a SWB chassis.
I did this to my Typhon with Mojave EXB arms and M2C braces. I used the CRCU aluminum T2T brace and the truck was extremely solid. When I ran off road I had a few "mishaps" that included tumbles, rolls, cartwheels and flips but the chassis held up nicely. She was a little tank to say the least. The body got mangled but the hardware held up.

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

>>>>
Jenny's RC.....
I’ve considered this as well but I’m assuming since I have a V4 notorious I cannot use the TLR chassis?

So now I'm seriously looking at a new chassis for my notorious V5. I still run the stock chassis and it is doing ok, although it has a slight bow in it (center is about 3 mm higher than the ends). Swapping chassis is not really necessary I think but just a nice project a can or can not do. Lightweight is a pro but at what costs. Here are my options:

- EXB chassis: can get one of a friend for 55 euro
- TLR chassis: hard to get in Europe buying a Jenny's would make it about 100 euro's with shipping and import fees
- M2C chassis: would cost 130 euro's LHS has it in stocj
- M2C speed chassis: would cost 160 euro's (not in stock at LHS)

In this case the EXB chassis is the cheapest option. Would it be worth spending more on the TLR or M2C chassis'?

Nothing wrong with running a stocker SWB chassis if funds are short. Just CF sleeve the T2T and run the inexpensive EXB braces F and R. Save some coin. Like I stated elsewhere, my Noto Stocker SWB chassis has Never bent on me. But the TLRT chassis would look sweet and perhaps be somewhat lighter. Maybe stronger even. Hard to say. But it is 7075 FWIW.
It is listed as an Arrma Option part for the Noto.
The $M2C SWB$ chassis might be overkill for some of us. Let your wallet decide.

Nothing wrong with running a stocker SWB chassis if funds are short. Just CF sleeve the T2T and run the inexpensive EXB braces F and R. Save some coin. Like I stated elsewhere, my Noto Stocker SWB chassis has Never bent on me. But the TLRT chassis would look sweet and perhaps be somewhat lighter. Maybe stronger even. Hard to say. But it is 7075 FWIW.
It is listed as an Arrma Option part for the Noto.
The $M2C SWB$ chassis might be overkill for some of us. Let your wallet decide.
I asked earlier but not sure if it got overlooked or nobody knows

Can the TLR chassis be used with a V4 notorious? I’m thinking not due to the different diff cutouts in the chassis

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back