Kraton M2C ZRS shock caps/ fluid question. 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is such a wide range of uses for these vehicles so who knows. But those valves make the fluid act way stiffer in a certain direction. So I find it nicer will a bit less then stock.

My car is 2000cst stock (talion) and I would like to run 1500, which i can't find. At the track I use even less.

I've read on the forum these were developed on 1000cst shocks (kraton etc). If using them on a talion say you may need to lighten up the fluid.

I run stock oil together with m2c zrs, 1000cst in K6 and 2000cst in Talion (and 600cst in Granite with Typhon 6s arms m2c zrs). Happy with that.. :)

Just put stock fluid in till you want to make a change 1000cst from kraton 6s the only change it makes if giving you a bleeder valve and stronger mounting point.

So there should be no need to change fluid types as there is no internal valving change in them.

Just put stock fluid in till you want to make a change 1000cst from kraton 6s the only change it makes if giving you a bleeder valve and stronger mounting point.

So there should be no need to change fluid types as there is no internal valving change in them.
Valves did change on my set. Really fancy ones too. Maybe we're talking different items.

Screenshot_20220518-133229.jpg

They have really fancy valves that rebound actually goes through a special hole and it pushes the o-ring against the outer shock body causing additional resistance,but only during rebound

This stops the Rigg from bouncing on landing. Now my rigg jumps, lands, and sticks to the ground.

Just amazing really!

You should go with -500 cSt or so when using the M2C pistons. I think I'm running mine with 700 in the heavy beef slab Typhon and 1200 in the lighter, more stock-ish Kraton. The shocks will react differently, the whole damping curve is being changed. If you want to try heavier oil weights, that's cool, but have some light weight oil on hand for when your heavy oil trial fails completely. It will not feel like stock ever again, it will be better or worse depending on what you decide to do about oil weight.

You should go with -500 cSt or so when using the M2C pistons. I think I'm running mine with 700 in the heavy beef slab Typhon and 1200 in the lighter, more stock-ish Kraton. The shocks will react differently, the whole damping curve is being changed. If you want to try heavier oil weights, that's cool, but have some light weight oil on hand for when your heavy oil trial fails completely. It will not feel like stock ever again, it will be better or worse depending on what you decide to do about oil weight.
Pretty sure I'm at 50w or 710cst right now on the Talion and getting great results on the track.

Hard to tell any difference in the street because there is no way to really measure performance

My biggest complaint about the emulsion shocks and the LSD diffs (in terms of track use) is the fluid changes viscosity until it's aireated and emulsified so the first few laps the car runs totally different until the shocks and diffs are "set", then they run how they are supposed to for the rest of the session - and it drives great!

View attachment 218377

They have really fancy valves that rebound actually goes through a special hole and it pushes the o-ring against the outer shock body causing additional resistance,but only during rebound

This stops the Rigg from bouncing on landing. Now my rigg jumps, lands, and sticks to the ground.

Just amazing really!

Yeah we were talking about different items I was thinking of https://m2cracing.net/arrma/494-m2c-3074-arrma-6s-16mm-replacement-shock-caps.html not the hole set sorry.

It looks like stock was 8hole 1.4mm plates and they wants to a 1.5mm rear with a 1.3mm front both 8 hole giving a stiffer front and softer rear so I would say go up 1 weight in rear and down one in front from what you would see for the norm with the stock set.

But I'm not 100% of if stock is 6 or 8 hole as https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/shock-piston-set-2/ARAC8972.html is the set but listed as 6 hole in text and is 8 hole in photo.

I know my talion is 8 hole and uses same set but is a shorter shock length have not messed with the ones on my kraton yet as it has not broken any thing but rod ends and I mostly let the kids bash it on 13t pinion running 3s so even if the crash it they can't really brake it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back