Machinist looking to upgrade parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on a post just like I did for the Arrma Kraton, but the short and sweet of it would be bumpers, bearings (fasteddybearings), and electronics.

Sweet I will be looking for that writeup!

I feel like people have had to figure out what aluminum upgrade parts from traxxas and such work well with the Granites. Shocks are a big aluminum upgrade that I want to get my son and I. Was looking at Traxxas Big Bores. Any advice on that front?

I appreciate your time and help.

My son just broke his wheelie bar this past weekend actually. Thinking of getting t-bone basher bumpers for the front and rear.
For some reason I really like the way the RPM front bumper looks...... Trying to figure out how to use that RPM kraton wing mount I boughy on my granite.....lol :D

Hello all... I am fairly new to the RC scene but I see that there is a need for some upgraded parts and not a lot of options from what i have researched for my Granite... I am a machinist that has some extra time on his hands and would like to know from people that have had the granite for a while what would be some good parts to make out of aluminum... Or for any other Arrma for that matter, if there may be a need out there...

Thanks!

Austin
Hi
The skid plate idea sparked my curiosity... I made Some what of a moch up...lol... I rewind electrical motor for a living I had some 1/16” fiber glass board (we called bake-a-lyght) very durable.... I really like this idea let see what other think about it! If u like it well go ahead and like it so we know! ( of course if @asabin would make it it would be aluminum)

Attachments

• IMG_20160322_091656536.jpg
    IMG_20160322_091656536.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20160322_084350422.jpg
    IMG_20160322_084350422.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20160321_145202323_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160321_145202323_HDR.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hi
The skid plate idea sparked my curiosity... I made Some what of a moch up...lol... I rewind electrical motor for a living I had some 1/16” fiber glass board (we called bake-a-lyght) very durable.... I really like this idea let see what other think about it! If u like it well go ahead and like it so we know! ( of course if @asabin would make it it would be aluminum)
This is definately something that I can do for a fairly cheap price... Which in the end is a great thing for everyone... I am on spring break with the family right now but will get back with you in this when j get back... Keep the ideas rolling!!!

This is definately something that I can do for a fairly cheap price... Which in the end is a great thing for everyone... I am on spring break with the family right now but will get back with you in this when j get back... Keep the ideas rolling!!!
Awesome! Can't wait!

I am interested in two of them. How much are they a piece you think?

I'm working on a post just like I did for the Arrma Kraton, but the short and sweet of it would be bumpers, bearings (fasteddybearings), and electronics.

What do the bearings do for me exactly? Should I get the Sealed 2013 or the ceramic rubber 2013 kit? Is the ceramic rubber version worth the extra $30 from Fasteddy?

Ok I still like the skid plate idea. I left the "moch up" on my truck went bashing and in about 10 Mon it came off.... I looked at the chassis u can see there I a bit of a curve in the chassis at the rear end..... So I'm guessing this created pressure for it to pop loose. Something to keep in mind for fabrication!

Attachments

• IMG_20160326_163149134.jpg
    IMG_20160326_163149134.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 41
Ok I still like the skid plate idea. I left the "moch up" on my truck went bashing and in about 10 Mon it came off.... I looked at the chassis u can see there I a bit of a curve in the chassis at the rear end..... So I'm guessing this created pressure for it to pop loose. Something to keep in mind for fabrication!

My two cents on your skid plate... This is certainly something these cars need but the tbr rear bumper accomplishes the same thing and is readily available. Imo both sides of this offering are better served by, at least initially, targeting upgrades that are not currently available for purchase elsewhere.

http://tboneracing.net/10005-tbr-nm2-rear-bumper-arrma-rc-granite-mega/

My two cents on your skid plate... This is certainly something these cars need but the tbr rear bumper accomplishes the same thing and is readily available. Imo both sides of this offering are better served by, at least initially, targeting upgrades that are not currently available for purchase elsewhere.

http://tboneracing.net/10005-tbr-nm2-rear-bumper-Arrma-rc-granite-mega/
Totally agree.... But for me the skid plate would be better I don't care for the look of the tbr bumpers..... He was looking for ideas and I had been thinking about that!

I also prefer the wheelie bar so can't use the bumper

Did you know there is a TBR wheelie bar that attaches to the TBR bumper for the Granite?

This wheelie bar:

Fits on this bumper which goes on the 2014 Granite Mega and BLS models:

With the ultimate look being something like this:
upload_2016-3-30_16-28-4.png

http://tboneracing.net/tbr-nm2-rear-y097-wheelie-bar-set-87003-for-the-2011-arrma-rc-granite/

Did you know there is a TBR wheelie bar that attaches to the TBR bumper for the Granite?

This wheelie bar:

Fits on this bumper which goes on the 2014 Granite Mega and BLS models:

With the ultimate look being something like this:
View attachment 1342
http://tboneracing.net/tbr-nm2-rear-y097-wheelie-bar-set-87003-for-the-2011-Arrma-rc-granite/
Well now looky there..... Maybe I'll rethink the TBR bumper

Whoohoooo!! @asabin !!!
I have a few ideas for steel parts for the Granite! Cvd's and out drive cups!! The stock dog bones are sorta weak and wonky. Steel cvd's would be much better. And the out drive cups are kinda soft and the tolerances are a bit loose as it pertains to the in and out movement within the diff.

As for aluminum parts.. id say steering knuckles but the Traxxas ones fit nicely. I would like to get the pins for the steering bell cranks to tighten up some of that sloppiness in the steering. Also perhaps aluminum bell cranks and steering Akerman. Aluminum body mounts would be nice, but i fear it would transfer the impact force elsewhere and cause more expensive damage. For me, the main source of frustration with this kit is the sloppy steering and driveline. If you can Fix up some parts to solve these issues I will certainly buy them from you!

What type of aluminum do you have access to? Tempered aluminum is great for certain rc mods. You can have IMO, too much aluminum. As it is heavy, not flexible and can in some applications cause more harm than good. But if you're doing aluminum best to be tempered.

Whoohoooo!! @asabin !!!
I have a few ideas for steel parts for the Granite! Cvd's and out drive cups!! The stock dog bones are sorta weak and wonky. Steel cvd's would be much better. And the out drive cups are kinda soft and the tolerances are a bit loose as it pertains to the in and out movement within the diff.

As for aluminum parts.. id say steering knuckles but the Traxxas ones fit nicely. I would like to get the pins for the steering bell cranks to tighten up some of that sloppiness in the steering. Also perhaps aluminum bell cranks and steering Akerman. Aluminum body mounts would be nice, but i fear it would transfer the impact force elsewhere and cause more expensive damage. For me, the main source of frustration with this kit is the sloppy steering and driveline. If you can Fix up some parts to solve these issues I will certainly buy them from you!

What type of aluminum do you have access to? Tempered aluminum is great for certain rc mods. You can have IMO, too much aluminum. As it is heavy, not flexible and can in some applications cause more harm than good. But if you're doing aluminum best to be tempered.

What all traxxas metal parts work without modifications on the Granite??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back