Machinist looking to upgrade parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asabin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello all... I am fairly new to the RC scene but I see that there is a need for some upgraded parts and not a lot of options from what i have researched for my Granite... I am a machinist that has some extra time on his hands and would like to know from people that have had the granite for a while what would be some good parts to make out of aluminum... Or for any other Arrma for that matter, if there may be a need out there...

Thanks!

Austin

Hi

The steering is a know problem on the Arrma 1/10th RC and if you check out my post on the SC10 aluminum steering upgrade you will see that I had to make some new pins to hold the SC10 parts. If you could make those pins I'm sure a lot of people would buy them from you so they could upgrade there steering.

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/sc10-steering-bellcrank.665/

Hi

The steering is a know problem on the Arrma 1/10th RC and if you check out my post on the SC10 aluminum steering upgrade you will see that I had to make some new pins to hold the SC10 parts. If you could make those pins I'm sure a lot of people would buy them from you so they could upgrade there steering.

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/sc10-steering-bellcrank.665/
Do you have the dimensions for the pins you are speaking of? Those would be easy to make...

Hi

I will have to get back to you with those, I'll have to pull the parts out of my raider.

Hi

I hope this picture helps with the measurements, The 3.15mm or a hair under 1/8" is the size of the inside of the bearings, the package says there 1/8" X 1/4" bearings but I have yet to get a 1/8" rod to fit threw them with out sanding the rod down just a hair.

And I'm Sorry about the large image but I still have not bin able to figure out how to post a little picture that will expand out to a big picture when you click on it.

pins_zpsj7p95exo.jpg

Hi

I hope this picture helps with the measurements, The 3.15mm or a hair under 1/8" is the size of the inside of the bearings, the package says there 1/8" X 1/4" bearings but I have yet to get a 1/8" rod to fit threw them with out sanding the rod down just a hair.

And I'm Sorry about the large image but I still have not bin able to figure out how to post a little picture that will expand out to a big picture when you click on it.

pins_zpsj7p95exo.jpg
I'll get some of these made up here soon... I just want to help people out how I can...

I'll get some of these made up here soon... I just want to help people out how I can...
The only issue I have with making parts for anything other than the granite as of now is that I don't have a car to test the parts on... So if people have suggestions of what they would like, let me know what they are...

The only issue I have with making parts for anything other than the granite as of now is that I don't have a car to test the parts on... So if people have suggestions of what they would like, let me know what they are...
Maybe a simple skid plate for the rear end to help the chassis when we land...... Not sure if anyone even makes one this would take some measuring and creativity!

Maybe a simple skid plate for the rear end to help the chassis when we land...... Not sure if anyone even makes one this would take some measuring and creativity!
I'll definately take a look into that idea...

I love our granites. Just wished there was some aluminum parts to upgrade with. Like shocks, body mounts etc

My son just broke his wheelie bar this past weekend actually. Thinking of getting t-bone basher bumpers for the front and rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back