MAD you can't get stuff in a timely manor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Funny, I get all my stuff from China in the standard timeframe 3-4 weeks max where the only issue it stuff sitting in customs for 1-2 weeks. Keep in mind that the smaller stuff goes via air and there is more than 1 shipping route. No question there is a logjam but not for RC stuff.
Motor, fans, ESC, servos. No impact observed on my end.
Can't disagree with what is being shown but personally I haven't observed an issue.

Very interesting but makes total sense.. Some of you might have already known about the ports.

https://www.wsj.com/video/cargo-shi...ues/6263BB27-B208-46C9-B41F-B5C4C9A1243A.html
Our industry relies on shipments from Europe, Asia, India and Brazil. That freighter that jammed the Suez Canal caused huge increases in freight costs, which were already at an all time high due to Covid. I honestly don't believe the general public understands how connected we are globally and how any delays can affect the cost of goods. We have tons of containers delayed at the moment, and its costing us each day that they stay out on the water.

Funny, I get all my stuff from China in the standard timeframe 3-4 weeks max where the only issue it stuff sitting in customs for 1-2 weeks. Keep in mind that the smaller stuff goes via air and there is more than 1 shipping route. No question there is a logjam but not for RC stuff.
Motor, fans, ESC, servos. No impact observed on my end.
Can't disagree with what is being shown but personally I haven't observed an issue.
I get it what you mean, I see it all over though. Might not be in RC as much but businesses see it. Mine in particular. No product to wholesale, no product to retail, no money to be made on all ends. The whole thing SUCK’s!

I get it what you mean, I see it all over though. Might not be in RC as much but businesses see it. Mine in particular. No product to wholesale, no product to retail, no money to be made on all ends. The whole thing SUCK’s!
We ordered a new couch and love seat 2 weeks ago. At the time of purchase they said it usually takes a few weeks, however because of manufacturing back log and global shipping they wont be in until the end of August to beginning of September. We don't mind waiting though since we have my parents old hand-me-downs to last us until then. I can't imaging moving to a new house and not having furniture for months though.

We ordered a new couch and love seat 2 weeks ago. At the time of purchase they said it usually takes a few weeks, however because of manufacturing back log and global shipping they wont be in until the end of August to beginning of September. We don't mind waiting though since we have my parents old hand-me-downs to last us until then. I can't imaging moving to a new house and not having furniture for months though.
You have incredible patience.
Can you imagine the whole country opening up 100% like Governor DeSantis in FL did a long time ago? I mean, if the world is making product to ship, they are obviously not locked down..

Wait a min, isn’t that normal? :LOL:

You have incredible patience.
Can you imagine the whole country opening up 100% like Governor DeSantis in FL did a long time ago? I mean, if the world is making product to ship, they are obviously not locked down..

Wait a min, isn’t that normal? :LOL:
Is it obvious though? I'm not sure what countries are locked down or the precautions they have in place. You can't compare Florida to the rest of the country :ROFLMAO:. Heck, I wish Massachusetts was 75-80 degrees right now, but there's snow in the forecast this week:rolleyes:. Getting out and Rc'ing is a slow go here atm.
There are different reasons why states and countries fair better than others "population, housing, indoor vs outdoor access during different seasons, reporting variants" there are too many variables. It's great Florida is trying to re-open, however the Dakotas have been open for months and their covid numbers per capita are horrible. It's not fair to compare Soy Beans & Corn to Oranges;).

Is it obvious though? I'm not sure what countries are locked down or the precautions they have in place. You can't compare Florida to the rest of the country :ROFLMAO:. Heck, I wish Massachusetts was 75-80 degrees right now, but there's snow in the forecast this week:rolleyes:. Getting out and Rc'ing is a slow go here atm.
There are different reasons why states and countries fair better than others "population, housing, indoor vs outdoor access during different seasons, reporting variants" there are too many variables. It's great Florida is trying to re-open, however the Dakotas have been open for months and their covid numbers per capita are horrible. It's not fair to compare Soy Beans & Corn to Oranges;).
I hear Mass has the lowest Covid numbers. Good for you guys 👍🏻

Do you guys still have RomneyCare?

That true @slick2500 ?

Although an item that doesn't seem to have shipping issues are silicone rings. I lost weight and my wedding band is falling off. For an everyday replacement ring I ordered a silicone band using the company's size chart. I've ordered 2 so far going smaller each time and they're still too big 🤷‍♂️ . They overnight the ring, give refund, and tell me to discard the ones they sent. I guess they have plenty in supply. Arrma please take notice;).

Yeah at one point we had the highest confirmed cases per capita than any other state in the country.

I work at a furniture store, about the only thing you can get in a timely manner is mattresses and box springs. Most everything else is at least 3-4 months out. Lazboy is currently 6-8 months. Even ordering parts is can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 months depending who makes it.

Yeah at one point we had the highest confirmed cases per capita than any other state in the country.
I think every state at one point had that.
Although an item that doesn't seem to have shipping issues are silicone rings. I lost weight and my wedding band is falling off. For an everyday replacement ring I ordered a silicone band using the company's size chart. I've ordered 2 so far going smaller each time and they're still too big 🤷‍♂️ . They overnight the ring, give refund, and tell me to discard the ones they sent. I guess they have plenty in supply. Arrma please take notice;).
Probably one of the flown in things or it was made in the USA lol. (y)

One of the other problems we are seeing right now is people who have new built homes, the contractors are way behind schedule because they cannot get product or they order so many of such and such and only get like 1/3 of what they ordered. We have items just sitting in our warehouse right now because the customers homes aren't done.

One of the other problems we are seeing right now is people who have new built homes, the contractors are way behind schedule because they cannot get product or they order so many of such and such and only get like 1/3 of what they ordered. We have items just sitting in our warehouse right now because the customers homes aren't done.
I know all about this I’m still waiting on screens since last November. My home builder just reseeded my yard today. Said he just bought the last 200 bails of wheat straw he could find in the county
37$ a sheet osb his cost🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I had to settle on poop azz appliances because it was 8-10 months (maybe) for what I wanted🤬

I had to settle on poop azz appliances because it was 8-10 months (maybe) for what I wanted🤬

What did ya want and what did ya settle for?

A good friend of mine still cant get cedar fence. :rolleyes: Da Faq man! OPEN UP!!

Bought furniture in June of last year, finally came in March of this year, originally was going to come in September of last year... makes sense.

What did ya want and what did ya settle for?

A good friend of mine still cant get cedar fence. :rolleyes: Da Faq man! OPEN UP!!
We wanted high end whirlpool. (French door fridge etc). Ended up with lower end GE. (Side by side fridge my wife hates🤦🏻‍♂️)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back