Maiden run w Outcast 6s

Currently reading:
Maiden run w Outcast 6s

vindazzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
So did my first time ever run on a 6s and wow this things a monster. I was mostly on 50% throttle limit just to get the feel of power and eventually hit 100% before my batteries were low.

After my run I inspected the truck and noticed metal shavings from the stock pinion gear. Is this normal?

1642185357273.png

[email protected]

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
So did my first time ever run on a 6s and wow this things a monster. I was mostly on 50% throttle limit just to get the feel of power and eventually hit 100% before my batteries were low.

After my run I inspected the truck and noticed metal shavings from the stock pinion gear. Is this normal?

View attachment 192735
No not good! You sure that ain’t dust or maybe you caught some gravel. If it’s definitely metal I would suggest your mesh is too tight. Use the paper trick to set it if it’s something you haven’t done before

pug

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
The mesh is way too tight! You can see the wear on the pinion and spur. Set it up so that the gears click slightly when you move the spur back and forth, just make sure it isn’t loose. In my experience, the paper trick only works on 48p gears.

vindazzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
No not good! You sure that ain’t dust or maybe you caught some gravel. If it’s definitely metal I would suggest your mesh is too tight. Use the paper trick to set it if it’s something you haven’t done before
Thanks, will definitely check the mesh. Here's what it looked like before the run. Not sure if you can tell if it's too tight from this angle but will definitely check it with the paper tricker before running it again.

1642187007663.png
The mesh is way too tight! You can see the wear on the pinion and spur. Set it up so that the gears click slightly when you move the spur back and forth, just make sure it isn’t loose. In my experience, the paper trick only works on 48p gears.
Thanks, I'm sure Youtube has other options for me lol

Tex Koder

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave
  3. Senton 3s
That's looking really tight actually..
You can see indentions in your pinion ,even in the Before pic..