Main input gear rear diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi guys,

How should the fitment of this input be? Do i need to put the drive cup all the way onto the main input gear? Should it have a little play?
20190817_131053.jpg

Nope. Are you sure the rattle is coming from it? Just to be sure you’re not talking about the rattle and play coming from the rear driveshaft into the cup are you? Sorry for asking. Make sure your not missing any teeth on either of the gears (the large spur and input)

Nope. Are you sure the rattle is coming from it? Just to be sure you’re not talking about the rattle and play coming from the rear driveshaft into the cup are you? Sorry for asking. Make sure your not missing any teeth on either of the gears (the large spur and input)
No, i have the rear end loose. I was replacing the diff. But it makes this metal-to-metal sound when I spin it.
I also don't have driveshafts connected. The gearbox is still open.

Can I contact you on Instagram or something? I can send you a video of what is happening. My instagram is @6s_max send me a dm

Sorry I don’t have instagram...no idea how to...i’m still learning YouTube and Facebook?. You can post video here somehow or a YouTube link, but it’s getting later here (for me anyway) so i’ Off to bed, but America is probably waking from its slumber and one of the other guys will prob help in the meantime

Sorry I don’t have instagram...no idea how to...i’m still learning YouTube and Facebook?. You can post video here somehow or a YouTube link, but it’s getting later here (for me anyway) so i’ Off to bed, but America is probably waking from its slumber and one of the other guys will prob help in the meantime
Oh ok, well thanks for your help anyway. Have a goodnight ??

Can I contact you on Instagram or something? I can send you a video of what is happening. My instagram is @6s_max send me a dm
Send it to me ill have a look buddy. I've seen you in Instagram ?
Sorted, don't you just love the Internet. Arrma worldwide assistance club right here ????

Last edited:
Hi guys,

How should the fitment of this input be? Do i need to put the drive cup all the way onto the main input gear? Should it have a little play?View attachment 45814

Looks right to me. I usually turn the bulkhead over with the diff cup on and give the input gear a couple taps with a socket extension and a rubber mallet to ensure the diff cup is set. Check the spin and make sure no slop, if slop repeat. Then some loctite and the grub screw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back