Outcast main issues with outcast 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys. What are the main issues I should be aware with this thing? I am still waiting for mine. Had heaps of issues with my kraton 6s diffs, but thinking that Was partly my fault.

any of those sort of issues? Much need to do straight out of the box
Sorry for all these questions!

Nothing with mine. Other than the front pillow block nuts coming loose.
Here is a few other things that bother me. The servo saver is such a stupid design. The battery trays and what it takes to install a battery is also not user friendly. The tires are good but won’t last. Mine are coming unglued I did re glue them. The compound is soft!

A few things to watch for or fix before running:

A number of guys are driving the threaded ends of the turnbuckles into the camber links. To mitigate, they are using Teflon tape on the threads.
The c-clips are coming off the main input gear on the rear diff causing the bearing to pop out.

So as mentioned above the rod ends pushing in is a regular issue if you land hard on the rear wheel. I haven't tried the teflon tape thing, but one easy temp fix is to move the mounting point on the rear hub to the higher hole, that brings the camber back in line. I think that might put more stress on the turnbuckles, because then I snapped a turnbuckle right off at the end of the treads. I am not the most skilled driver, so some of my breakages are because I tend to send it and don't always land well, but here's the list of things I have broke in 1 month of ownership
  1. rod ends pushed in 3 times
  2. broke turnbuckle
  3. cracked end of rear drive shaft causing dogbone pin to fall out
  4. bend rear drive shaft
  5. bent front drive shaft
  6. broke left front lower arm
  7. broke steering bellcrank assembly (most recent- waiting for parts)
  8. lost rear wheel set screw (please check for tightness when new - I did not check prior to running)
  9. pinion coming loose, lost pinion clip
  10. broke rear wing mount (waiting on parts)
  11. rear of body gets caught up on wing and gets tore up (there is a thread on this where a member put spacers on the wing mount to assist here.)
  12. body is pretty tore up. front shocks hit body and cause tears or poking. I recommend multiple layers of tape or some type of protection on the underside in that area.
I know this seems like a long list, but to be honest these have all been minor issues fixed quickly and easily. This thing is a beast and I drive it like I stole it most of the time. I have only had it less than a month, but I have driven it most days, sometimes multiple times a day, so I have ran it a decent amount.

Parts I would stock:
  1. turnbuckle and rod ends
  2. drive shafts
  3. wing mount
  4. pinion clips
  5. get RPM front arms (optional)
I really love this truck and I think it's actually pretty durable, especially for its size and weight. So far I have not had any diff or gearing issues, I hope i didn't just jinx myself but typing this :)

Last edited:
Only thing that happened to mine is shock rod ends broke 3 times. I bent 2 shock shafts (same time breaking the rod ends)

I recently broke a lower front A-Arm but that was because I was trying to show off to a bunch of kids.

So as mentioned above the rod ends pushing in is a regular issue if you land hard on the rear wheel. I haven't tried the teflon tape thing, but one easy temp fix is to move the mounting point on the rear hub to the higher hole, that brings the camber back in line. I think that might put more stress on the turnbuckles, because then I snapped a turnbuckle right off at the end of the treads. I am not the most skilled driver, so some of my breakages are because I tend to send it and don't always land well, but here's the list of things I have broke in 1 month of ownership
  1. rod ends pushed in 3 times
  2. broke turnbuckle
  3. cracked end of rear drive shaft causing dogbone pin to fall out
  4. bend rear drive shaft
  5. bent front drive shaft
  6. broke left front lower arm
  7. broke steering bellcrank assembly (most recent- waiting for parts)
  8. lost rear wheel set screw (please check for tightness when new - I did not check prior to running)
  9. pinion coming loose, lost pinion clip
  10. broke rear wing mount (waiting on parts)
  11. rear of body gets caught up on wing and gets tore up (there is a thread on this where a member put spacers on the wing mount to assist here.)
  12. body is pretty tore up. front shocks hit body and cause tears or poking. I recommend multiple layers of tape or some type of protection on the underside in that area.
I know this seems like a long list, but to be honest these have all been minor issues fixed quickly and easily. This thing is a beast and I drive it like I stole it most of the time. I have only had it less than a month, but I have driven it most days, sometimes multiple times a day, so I have ran it a decent amount.

Parts I would stock:
  1. turnbuckle and rod ends
  2. drive shafts
  3. wing mount
  4. pinion clips
  5. get RPM front arms (optional)
I really love this truck and I think it's actually pretty durable, especially for its size and weight. So far I have not had any diff or gearing issues, I hope i didn't just jinx myself but typing this :)
Mate. Thanks so much The list.

Make sure to check the plastic adjuster for the pillow/pivot balls after and before running. I'm going to add Teflon on mine because I lost one already. I'm also adding Teflon to the rear link on the rear wheels since the end where the rear hub goes keeps pushing itself in.
20200921_142053.jpg

Both the pivot ball caps and rear turnbuckle ends did the same on my K8S. Teflon tape does seem to help. I did switch to the aluminum HR caps up front and they seem to work better than the stock plastic.

29227D6D-850A-4E56-8CA2-431AEA7AC76A.jpeg

Both the pivot ball caps and rear turnbuckle ends did the same on my K8S. Teflon tape does seem to help. I did switch to the aluminum HR caps up front and they seem to work better than the stock plastic.

View attachment 101050
Nice. Do you have a part number? Thanks. I guess Rich tried the Teflon tape hack and mentioned that it didn't work for him, but he sends his trucks about 20ft more than I do ?

Nice. Do you have a part number? Thanks. I guess Rich tried the Teflon tape hack and mentioned that it didn't work for him, but he sends his trucks about 20ft more than I do ?

He sends his rigs 200 ft more than I do.....?

Rich did mention the Teflon didn't work for him because he needs to advertise m2c products. The Teflon works 100%. just put good amount of Teflon on it.
Yeah honestly it's like $18 for two little caps. ?

A few things to watch for or fix before running:

A number of guys are driving the threaded ends of the turnbuckles into the camber links. To mitigate, they are using Teflon tape on the threads.
The c-clips are coming off the main input gear on the rear diff causing the bearing to pop out.

Hi !
Did you find a fix for the c-clips issue ?

I don’t own this truck so I never had the issue. I followed the YouTube breadcrumbs that pointed out this known problem happening to owners. In one case the clip was off out of the box.....but that’s a part and parcel of the hobby.

cheers,
kev

I've broken a rear arm and my pillow balls keep coming loose as other have said..
The reason mine come loose is they have the incorrect O-rings on them..? mine came with 6s truck O-rings..?
I just bought some bigger O-rings off eBay they fit really tight now.??
I'm a sucker for M2C stuff so will end up buying their retainer nuts..

I put a nut and thread lock (not thread lock! I meant to say Teflon tape) on that rod end and it made things worse. Now the damn thing is popping out completely. I contacted Horizon since I'm having issues with this and my reciever took a dump.
20200927_191746.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back