Outcast main issues with outcast 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shock oil has nothing to do with drive shafts. There is another thread recently where guys are bending up the GPM ones OR busting the pins too. Seems to be very common with those shafts too almost like they didn't heat treat them properly.
I took the Outcast 8s out today. My run was short since after like the 5th biggest jump, my rod end gave up again. So far no bent shock shafts or broken shock eyes after going with the 30wt oil. But it was only 5 jumps.

I figured let's do the Teflon and nut thing from day one! Let's see how it holds up. My oc8s never been driven yet.

MVIMG_20201011_103144.jpg

I figured let's do the Teflon and nut thing from day one! Let's see how it holds up. My oc8s never been driven yet.

View attachment 103960
By the time I tried that, somehow my threads on the plastic end are shot. So now it pulls out completely. I'm going to buy another one, threaded all the way in without teflon tape and use the upper adjustment hole like you did. I stole the link from my K8S to keep things moving. After that, even the inner plastic end gets pushed in but the camber still looks OK. I also wanted to say that today I took some big air jumps with the 30wt oil and my shock shafts and shock eyes survived. I did break a bolt on the steering knuckle from a bad landing, but that's an easy fix. I ran my Outcast without the wing and wing mount since I damaged it. It doesn't look too ugly but the body suffers more damage in the rear like that. I just have to stop landing upside down .

What I also see on these big Arrma 8s heavy trucks is that I'm bending bolts on the wing mount and the steering knuckles. They bend and then they break. So just keep replacing them? Or find something stronger?. I guess I can go one of the big box places and see what I can find. Suggestions? ?.

What I also see on these big Arrma 8s heavy trucks is that I'm bending bolts on the wing mount and the steering knuckles. They bend and then they break. So just keep replacing them? Or find something stronger?. I guess I can go one of the big box places and see what I can find. Suggestions? ?.
I am having the same issue. I was also wondering about stronger bolts on the wing mount. What is the strongest screw metal type i wonder?

I am having the same issue. I was also wondering about stronger bolts on the wing mount. What is the strongest screw metal type i wonder?
I was going to say titanium, but do they even make bolts out of that? Edit :I found this site. I'll check it out. I mean if the bolts stop breaking and bending they would be worth the extra money.
https://lunsfordracing.com/collections/screws

With my talion 6s, I’ve been having trouble with bending screws. I left the wing screws as m3 screws. I drilled out the wing mount and through shock tower and whatever that bolts into , to 3.30mm and tapped it with and m4 tap.

I went ahead and ordered some more stock arrma bolts. I found some cheaper ones at hobby king. I might buy some m5 ones that they have for the wing mount, since they are thicker and I'm assuming that means stronger (yeah like the 7mm gpm driveshafts right? ?).
These for the wing mount
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/5x35mm-sockethead-screw-10pcs-pack.html

And these for the steering link :
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/4x45mm-sockethead-screw-10pcs-pack.html

You want to get bolts that are grade 10.9 or 12.9 ??
Titanium would be good but really expensive for bolts as large as the wing bolts ?
I looked for long titanium bolts but I couldn't find any that were at least 44mm long for the steering links.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back