Maintenance, Do or Don't u go by the maintenance advice in your Rc manual!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
Got a general question? Do most of u fellow Rc people out there go by the maintenance guide in your RC manuals or do u just go until something breaks?

I can say ive not been able to wait on the maintanance plan lol. But mostly due to in the very begginning I was definition of a NOOB. Every 3-6 packs i remove motor module clean. Diffs are when they feel funny or 15 packs ish. I heavily brush off after every run and use air when I can

The maintenance schedule in the manual is reasonable and following it is fine practice. I tend to be lazy and stretch the items that require disassembly like diffs out from the every 20 packs recommendation to about twice a year. Definitely do some form of regular preventative maintenance and don't just run the car into the ground until it breaks or you'll likely end up accumulating wear and tear related issues.

I clean the cars off after every run and make sure tyres are still glued then make sure certain screws that come loose are still tight. also I check shock mounts are still tight as for diffs and shocks maintenance probably at a guess 30 ish runs

These rigs are easy to maintain in comparison with my track buggy and Losi 10 short course, that being said they get more attention. On the other hand carpet racing is way cleaner than outdoor bashing any day.

I don't drive my RC as much as most people here. I probably average 1 pack per car every 2 weeks between May and December, so about 20 packs or less per year per car.

After every drive, I blow it with air, check the gear mesh, check the tires and make sure everything is tight and spins freely while I replace whatever is broken. On the Arrma 3S line, I pull out the power module every 3 sessions or so.

Every winter, I perform a complete disassembly and deep cleaning of each car in order to "reset" them for next season.

so i have a silly question. it's my second time replacing the diff fluid for my outcast 6s and i always struggle to close it properly preventing the outdrive shaft to turn. ive made sure the case is closed all the way in but everytime ive tigten the screws the outdrive feels like it just locks.

I do more maintenance in the summer. I know that’s the opposite of what the northerners do but the summer is thunderstorm season here and almost like clockwork it starts pouring when I get off work. So I get bored and start ripping stuff apart. Otherwise I usually stretch the intervals a little bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back