Maintenance Logs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Mojave
  4. Typhon 6s
How many of you keep a maintenance log on your vehicles? If so, digital or hard copy? My memory sucks, so I have to right stuff down. Just trying to figure out a decent layout and what columns I need info in. So far I have how many packs I have run through it. :ROFLMAO: I will add the maintenance schedule included in the vehicle manual, but am stumped as to if I am overlooking something obvious.

I don't track any of that, my "logs," as it were, is that I remember I rebuilt something some months ago but it wasn't a lot of months so it's probably okay....

The only thing I track on my batteries are cells and I try to keep the cycles about the same using numbers I put on the batteries (i.e. 1 & 2 were bought at the same time so I try to drain/charge them about the same) but I honestly haven't kept perfect track.

Mostly what I do is spot check everything before and after bash sessions.

I change my shock oil every 3 packs ?
That may be a little excessive, you must have a ton of dirty oil! :eek:

Not gonna lie, the last time I changed the oil in any shocks was when I put new ones on the Senton a few months back. I tend to follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" motto :p

Last edited:
That may be a little excessive, you must have a ton of dirty oil! :eek:

Not gonna lie, the last time I changed the oil in any shocks was when I put new ones on the Senton a few months back. I tend to follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" motto :p
I was being sarcastic ?

When I started the hobby 20 years ago, the only thing I kept track of was what I spent for each truck... I had a losi xxx-nt and later t-maxx 2.5. Keeping track was a pain as I was replacing stuff every week. I still have the sheet, seems I wasn't overly diligent and was only adding mostly upgrades and the trucks I bought. Stopped putting stuff in it in 2010 at $11K. That was well before I started running electric...

Now all I have is a paypal account ledger that I do keep up to date since it's tied to a secondary bank account. Got tired of writing it in a checkbook and use a spreadsheet now. It has another $5K since 2017, but doesn't include anything I didn't pay for via paypal... which would be 2 of my trucks (ERBEv1, outcast 6s) and lots of parts on amazon and other sites...

Well... that was all mildly depressing.

I keep my batteries in the box they came in and I mark the box every time I charge one. Also when I put it back in storage rate. "C" for charged and "S" for storage. That way I know how many times each one has been cycled.

I have a pad with a list my RC names....when I run them I add a mark. When I reach the manual maintenance recommended point to check each area I do it then....unless I see or feel like there is an issue or I need a closer look I skip ahead. If I do skip ahead I just mark on the pad for that RC what maintenance I completed.

I need this help because the older I get those little things I forget :) but nothing will ever go missed I clean my RCs after each run since I like them as shelf queens in my office as models.

I use to keep lipo cycles, it became more of a pain in the butt to keep up. So now I just run them and don't care anymore. Same thing with maintenance and parts, don't care to know how much spent on this and that. As far as maintenance, do it when I think it's time or something isn't right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back