Kraton Maintenance Supplies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jas42182

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello all. I’m new to the RC car world. Always flown drones and helicopters.

I purchased a Kraton few months ago. Was doing maintenance on it and wondering what brands of grease, suspension oil (and wt that should be used) and glue.

Thanks all

I've been using Associated for dif fluid and shock oil, no complaints. You might want to read through the forums about grease or why not to use it. The only place people might use a good silicone grease, is in the dif case to lubricate between the pinion and ring gear. Everywhere else, like the pinion/spur and driveshafts dogbones/cvd's, a dry wax/graphite lubricant is recommended. Basically, it's ok to have the insides wet, but everything on the outside is better off dry. Hopefully, more members will chime in with specifics on which of those dry lubes they like best.

White Lightning Clean Ride wax chain lube on all the external stuff (bones, cvd's, hinge pins, spur, etc), red-n-tacky grease on the ring/pinion.

Diff oil weights vary from person to person. I run heavy oil, 100/500/100 associated inside the front/center/rear diffs respectively. If I was on a track, would probably run 20/100/30 or something like that. Beings I'm on grass or concrete 99% of the time, I like heavier, it also leaks out less, so lower maintenance.

For shocks, I ran 1200cst or there about, but I'm changing back to 1000cst which is stock on the outcast. It's a bit bouncy on jumps and harder on shock ends/arms. Just learning to live with a flat chassis truck and chassis slap IS OK! I have to remind myself of that. lol!

O.k. so ive been reading various posts on cleaning & lube h bought the two items to start. My foru question is where do I use each on? And Is the chain cleaner I bought considered a dry or wet cleaner I was unable to determine that? I did note that it does have the Teflon in does label that it repair repels dirt

Use the Brakleen to clean all the old silicone off of internal diff parts.
For maintenance pull all the guts out of them and put the parts in a plastic bottle. Spray a couple ounces of Brakleen in the bottle, put the cap on and shake/agitate for 4-5 minutes.
IMG_9818.JPG

for all the people using red and tacky grease have yall noticed any issues with it making your plastic diff case brittle or is it eating at your gearbox case? .. its petroleum based grease you don't want patroleum based grease anywhere near plastic from my experience but iv seen alot of people still recomend it on here you need silicone or synthetic based grease just throwing that out there for those that don't know

for all the people using red and tacky grease have yall noticed any issues with it making your plastic diff case brittle or is it eating at your gearbox case? .. its petroleum based grease you don't want patroleum based grease anywhere near plastic from my experience but iv seen alot of people still recomend it on here you need silicone or synthetic based grease just throwing that out there for those that don't know
I haven't been using it for long. Just recently put some on my outcast and I think my stampede 4x4. Up until now, I used whatever napa had for general purpose axle grease and never noticed any issues. Other than it didn't stick to the gears very well. The red-n-tacky seems to adhere better.

I haven't been using it for long. Just recently put some on my outcast and I think my stampede 4x4. Up until now, I used whatever napa had for general purpose axle grease and never noticed any issues. Other than it didn't stick to the gears very well. The red-n-tacky seems to adhere better.
yeah man no doubt it's good stuff I'd just keep an eye on what it does to the plastics

Yes I agree completely.

Yes I agree completely.
I hate saying or or throwing it out there to people that are using it hints why I asked if they have noticed any issues... some plastics hold up to petroleum alot better than others ... so if it don't cause any issues I'll try it ... I may get a busted gear box case and slab some red and tacky in it and just test it out myself let it sit for awhile and take a screwdriver to it ... my theory is like other plastics the petroleum soaks into it and can make it easy for it to break at your tower screws or even your screw hole threads will be compromised... making it easy for the screws to strip out the holes ... thing is arrma may have thought about this and may have a better plastic that is safer to use with petroleum based grease and tbh that's some of the best lubricant you can buy

I hate saying or or throwing it out there to people that are using it hints why I asked if they have noticed any issues... some plastics hold up to petroleum alot better than others ... so if it don't cause any issues I'll try it ... I may get a busted gear box case and slab some red and tacky in it and just test it out myself let it sit for awhile and take a screwdriver to it ... my theory is like other plastics the petroleum soaks into it and can make it easy for it to break at your tower screws or even your screw hole threads will be compromised... making it easy for the screws to strip out the holes ... thing is arrma may have thought about this and may have a better plastic that is safer to use with petroleum based grease and tbh that's some of the best lubricant you can buy
I think that @slick2500 has been using it for awhile. Have you noticed your plastics getting more fragile at all?

On a side note, I know lots of people have soaked A arms in WD40 to increase their flexibility. I'm pretty sure that WD40 is petroleum based. So I'm guessing that it has more to do with the type of plastic and I think that rc parts are more of a nylon material than a normal "plastic."

I think that @slick2500 has been using it for awhile. Have you noticed your plastics getting more fragile at all?

On a side note, I know lots of people have soaked A arms in WD40 to increase their flexibility. I'm pretty sure that WD40 is petroleum based. So I'm guessing that it has more to do with the type of plastic and I think that rc parts are more of a nylon material than a normal "plastic."
I'm guess this also and if so red and tacky is about the best stuff you can use

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back