Maintenance/Upgrades > Bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-RAD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 4s
As my journey back into the RC hobby continues, I see myself enjoying the maintenance/upgrades/general tinkering with my trucks more than actual bashing.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good bash session especially when my vehicles are responding to how I want it too and nothing breaks.

But there's something about tearing everything down and putting it back together that's gives me slightly more joy (60/40 to give it a percentage) than bashing. Maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase of the hobby? How do you guys feel about the maintenance versus bashing?

I am completely new to the hobby, now that it's lockdown and I couldn't take the car out I find the most ridiculous reason to take it apart and give it a good clean, I guess I do enjoy that side too. ? Now I'm afraid to take it out because the car is in perfect condition, even better than when I got it new from the shop a few weeks ago. ?

I am completely new to the hobby, now that it's lockdown and I couldn't take the car out I find the most ridiculous reason to take it apart and give it a good clean, I guess I do enjoy that side too. ? Now I'm afraid to take it out because the car is in perfect condition, even better than when I got it new from the shop a few weeks ago. ?

That's why I don't clean it :ROFLMAO: even when I do repairs the parts go back in only slightly cleaner ie from what my fingers cleaned while working on it :sneaky:

I love wrenching on my rigs, especially when I have some sweet new upgrades!!
Sending it into the stratosphere is great too!

It depends.

If I'm making repairs due to an epic crash I'm cool with it.

If I'm addressing a design flaw I'm annoyed.

If I'm customizing and making an improvement I'm having a real good time. I'm really into paint jobs and making body panels right now.

I like wrenching especially on upgrades but sometimes maintenance is a pain in the ass. Like bashing more, wish we were neighbors so I could drop off my rigs lol!

I like wrenching especially on upgrades but sometimes maintenance is a pain in the ass. Like bashing more, wish we were neighbors so I could drop off my rigs lol!

Only maintenance I despise at the moment is when I put in upgrades, start a bash and then something goes wrong minutes after. Starting to change my percentage now to 55/45.

I'm still fairly new to the hobby and I think I slightly prefer the wrenching and upgrading to driving. These trucks are a real pleasure to work on when you have the right tools.

However, I have no patience/interest for fixing weak stuff that could/should be upgraded. For example, I severely bent my Kraton rear shock tower the other day. I was happy to remove it from the truck and try to bend it back, but there is no way I am doing this every few weeks. The solution exists with aftermarket parts and that's the way to go for me. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back