Kraton Major crash! (Does v5 kraton parts fit v1 bolt on?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaSweden

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have a kraton and i think it is the first version of it. I let a friend borrow it and now it looks like this. There's like 15 parts that is either broken or bent. Iv'e been into rc for over 10 or so ,but haven't really been active the last years so my knowledge of arrma isn't up to date. So i wonder if v5 parts will fit on my v1?

kraton.jpg

I have a kraton and i think it is the first version of it. I let a friend borrow it and now it looks like this. There's like 15 parts that is either broken or bent. Iv'e been into rc for over 10 or so ,but haven't really been active the last years so my knowledge of arrma isn't up to date. So i wonder if v5 parts will fit on my v1?

View attachment 180510
More than likely not. The design has changed a lot over the years. Also, I don’t recommend letting your friend borrow your RCs anymore.

View attachment 180510
Wow. Post that in the What did you break today thread. Please post more picture. I have seen some bad crashes but I have never seen a Kraton chassis destroyed that badly! What happened?

View attachment 180510
😳

Can you post a picture of the entire chassis and its components? I'll let you know what you'll have to update if you decide to buy a new front end and V4 chassis

Note: it must be a V4 chassis - your current rear section's droop will not fit the newer V5 chassis perfectly

With this level of damage, I'd consider buying a brand new V5 RTR or EXB roller and you'll have lots of spare parts left.

If you want to get the V5-compatible parts, you'll need at least the V5 chassis, control arms, shock towers, sway bars... plus pretty much everything in the front end is likely to be totaled, so you'll probably need a complete steering assembly, diff case, driveshafts, etc.

As @Yas mentioned above, moving to the V4 specs is likely to be less expensive for you.

Last edited:
Man that's rough I'd be asking for some help with parts from the friend. Might be better off to buy a new v5 chassis and use what is not demolished from your rig and pick up what other parts you need. I'm guessing by your screen name your in Sweden so may be hard to find parts. I'd be happy to help but being so far away even covering shipping would be pricey I'd guess. Let me know if you can't find certain things and if I've got the extra parts I'd be happy to send them your way if you just cover the shipping cost👍🏼

Wow. Post that in the What did you break today thread. Please post more picture. I have seen some bad crashes but I have never seen a Kraton chassis destroyed that badly! What happened?

The explanation i got was that the car accelerated by it self and hit some concrete.. :) Thing is thou that i kind of have my self to blame for this cause i knew it wouldn't end well. Cause my friend is not really that in to rc's , it's his 5 year old son who is....I know , stupid...stupid.
It started with that i gave my friend one of those rc18 associated clones to him and his son. Well the motor fried in that car and my friend kept asking me about borrowing my kraton. I told him it wasen't a good idea cause his son wouldn't be able to handle it. I will post more pics and there's way more that broke than the pic i posted. The front axle from the diff is bent and one of the gears in the front diff is broken in half.
Man that's rough I'd be asking for some help with parts from the friend. Might be better off to buy a new v5 chassis and use what is not demolished from your rig and pick up what other parts you need. I'm guessing by your screen name your in Sweden so may be hard to find parts. I'd be happy to help but being so far away even covering shipping would be pricey I'd guess. Let me know if you can't find certain things and if I've got the extra parts I'd be happy to send them your way if you just cover the shipping cost👍🏼
Np finding parts and my friend will pay for it all.

Last edited:
The explanation i got was that the car accelerated by it self and hit some concrete.. :) Thing is thou that i kind of have my self to blame for this cause i knew it wouldn't end well. Cause my friend is not really that in to rc's , it's his 5 year old son who is....I know , stupid...stupid.
It started with that i gave my friend one of those rc18 associated clones to him and his son. Well the motor fried in that car and my friend kept asking me about borrowing my kraton. I told him it wasen't a good idea cause his son wouldn't be able to handle it. I will post more pics and there's way more that broke than the pic i posted. The front axle from the diff is bent and one of the gears in the front diff is broken in half.
A modern electric rc with an esc can’t accelerate by itself. The only RC cars that can really have a runaway are nitros with no failsafe, and electrics with an MSC and low battery.
Have him cover the costs, and never let him near a hobby-grade RC again until he’s more responsible. A WLToys or something else that’s cheap and has cheap parts would be great for him.

Wow. Dude set the bar on "how bad can I bust it up?" Has he even offered to help pay? Tell him to buy a motor for his while he is at it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back