Make upgraded servo gear set ARRMA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K4L4M1TY

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Your ADS-15M servo is not that bad but they are in dire need of stronger internal gears, All I keep reading is people who have stripped gears in them, probably the same top one too. Anyone found a compatible set that would work in them?

Personally never considered changing the gears in the servo. Always just replaced them with a fast, higher torque servo. My Typhon stock servo went out, so I replaced that and the Typhon one before it did as well. Only spent 20 bucks on each, and so far really happy. The DS3218 servo is what I’m using. I figured it’s cheap, give it a shot, and see what happens. Figure when, or if those fail, then I will go for a savox.

The gears in the ADS-15M make that servo a better fit for 1/10 scale 2wd monster trucks. Mine has been in my Ecx Ruckus since September after I rebuilt it and has been trucking along just fine.

ARRMA's are $500 rtr. That's cheap for what you are getting. It's not going to come with a $100 servo. I replaced my Outcast servo right away and put the ADS 15 in my Proline Pro MT 4x4 (1/10th scale MT)and it's been fine so far. I use the Savox 1283sg in my Outcast and it's my favorte servo I have used by far. It costed me $92

ARRMA's are $500 rtr. That's cheap for what you are getting. It's not going to come with a $100 servo. I replaced my Outcast servo right away and put the ADS 15 in my Proline Pro MT 4x4 (1/10th scale MT)and it's been fine so far. I use the Savox 1283sg in my Outcast and it's my favorte servo I have used by far. It costed me $92
ADS-15M isn't even worth $10usd in my opinion let alone the $40 they are abouts new with the gear material used, I wasn't saying upgrade the servo, I was saying they need to make an upgraded gear set like all steel or even titanium that people could buy, at least then they may hold a better reputation in terms of supporting their customer base. I would probably be happy to throw the 15M back in my kraton if I knew that I had stronger gears to replace the ones I stripped quite quickly. Would you be happy if you bought a house and the doors started falling off within weeks of ownership? Regardless of cost, it's all in perspective. Give us more options and we might keep coming back. Simple things like servo gear sets would cost little to them and mean a lot to us. It's called good business. To be honest the cheap servos available these days show that stuff like savox is a rip-off and like the smart people have said you're just paying for a name, not actual quality. When they start using new tech then maybe that $92 price tag is justifiable, but you know you'll be paying double that when they do start using newer tech.

Last edited:
You know, with the change in ownership we might see some changes in the parts, and initial quality of parts they come with. Heck I would not be opposed to paying a little bit more ($50 range) for some beefed up parts like the better servo, better wing mount, or aluminum diff cans.

Back when Arrma shipped ESC's with 7.4v BEC's, the ADs-15M was a decent servo. Fast, strong, and lasted decent on the small tire cars (Typhon / Senton). But on the newer 6.0v BEC's, they are much slower and weak. New gears won't fix this.

For $15 you can get a JX servo that makes 20kg of torque at about the same speed as the stock servo, and with steel gears instead of brass. Lots of other brands for under $30 that are faster, stronger, longer lasting than the ADS15m, and that will perform great on 6.0v (the current BEC)

Back when Arrma shipped ESC's with 7.4v BEC's, the ADs-15M was a decent servo. Fast, strong, and lasted decent on the small tire cars (Typhon / Senton). But on the newer 6.0v BEC's, they are much slower and weak. New gears won't fix this.

For $15 you can get a JX servo that makes 20kg of torque at about the same speed as the stock servo, and with steel gears instead of brass. Lots of other brands for under $30 that are faster, stronger, longer lasting than the ADS15m, and that will perform great on 6.0v (the current BEC)

If you are talking about the JX PDI 6221MG the gears are hard anodized aluminum not steel, but aluminum is still stronger than brass, the ADs-15M comes with brass gears.

- High performance digital standard servo
- High-precision aluminium gears with hard anodizing
- CNC aluminium middle Shel
- Dual ball bearings

Dead band: 2μs
Working frequence: 1520μs / 330hz
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.18 sec/60°
Operating Speed (6V): 0.16 sec/60°
Stall Torque (4.8V): 17.25 kg.cm (239.55oz/in)
Stall Torque (6V): 20.32 kg-cm (281.89 oz/in)
Dimensions: 40.5X20.2X38mm /1.59 X0.80X49 in
Weight: 62 g (2.18oz)
Connector Wire Length: JR 265 mm (10.43in)
Bearing: 2BB

$11.99 shipped via slow boat from China https://www.banggood.com/JX-PDI-622...odel-p-973947.html?stayold=1&cur_warehouse=CN
Or $39.99 for 4 shipped via slow boat https://www.banggood.com/4X-JX-PDI-....html?rmmds=search&stayold=1&cur_warehouse=CN

If you are talking about the JX PDI 6221MG the gears are hard anodized aluminum not steel, but aluminum is still stronger than brass, the ADs-15M comes with brass gears.

- High performance digital standard servo
- High-precision aluminium gears with hard anodizing
- CNC aluminium middle Shel
- Dual ball bearings

Dead band: 2μs
Working frequence: 1520μs / 330hz
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.18 sec/60°
Operating Speed (6V): 0.16 sec/60°
Stall Torque (4.8V): 17.25 kg.cm (239.55oz/in)
Stall Torque (6V): 20.32 kg-cm (281.89 oz/in)
Dimensions: 40.5X20.2X38mm /1.59 X0.80X49 in
Weight: 62 g (2.18oz)
Connector Wire Length: JR 265 mm (10.43in)
Bearing: 2BB

$11.99 shipped via slow boat from China https://www.banggood.com/JX-PDI-622...odel-p-973947.html?stayold=1&cur_warehouse=CN
Or $39.99 for 4 shipped via slow boat https://www.banggood.com/4X-JX-PDI-....html?rmmds=search&stayold=1&cur_warehouse=CN
Yes, it's what I replaced the stock one with and it's done ok so far after two runs with grippier tires.

I just got a new servo! i WENT WITH A Savox SW-120SG for my v3 6s KRATON.
Do you Have to hook up a bec to this or will my stock ESC 185BLX be just fine?

Savox SW-1210SG 1210SG Tall Waterproof Aluminum Case Digital Steel Gear RC Servo.jpg

View attachment 50013
I thought you bought a PowerHD and you were putting the Savox in a boat???

View attachment 50013
Yes it will be fine and no, you don't need a bec. Now install and enjoy. (All fixed Ed?)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back