Kraton Making a 6s lipo hard case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PartsBreaker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Has anyone made a case for a 6s lipo, does anyone sell a case I can use?

I hear some wrap them in gorilla tape but I've heard good and bad about that.

Any help would be appreciated, don't wanna ruin a new 6s lipo

Has anyone made a case for a 6s lipo, does anyone sell a case I can use?

I hear some wrap them in gorilla tape but I've heard good and bad about that.

Any help would be appreciated, don't wanna ruin a new 6s lipo
There is a few 6s hardcase lipos you can buy, but they are usually over $150.

Have you tried that yourself?

I'm not opposed to that but some said the lipo's will get hot and the tape makes it worse.

Do you know anything about that?

Have you tried that yourself?

I'm not opposed to that but some said the lipo's will get hot and the tape makes it worse.

Do you know anything about that?
Nope I have not done it, I only have 3 and 2s lipos currently and never thought about it. When I get my 6s lipo I will because they cost way more.

Would it not be easier just to glue or stick lexan sheets on the bottom, sides and top of the battery tray?
Sure you could do that too. I like the toughness of gorilla tape myself.

My batteries are all protected with magic spells....So far so good! :LOL:
I have the best cells anyone has ever seen. Frankly, nobody has ever seen cells like these. Your cells are rigged. ???✊

Good ideas, thanks everyone
I do the same as jondilly 1974 is talking about. I cut lexan pieces to fit all 6 sides then wrap that nice and tight with clear gorilla tape.So far it’s working great. No problems with heat I can still read them and you don’t have to worry about Little Rock’s punching holes in the cells . Keeps water out too
Here’s some I have done with some being done nearly a year. When I change the tape the battery will look like new

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I’ve seen plenty of other rc parts made from this material, side skirts, wings, shock towers for smaller rc’s ect...

Here’s the Wikipedia definition:

G-10 is a high-pressure fiberglass laminate, a type of composite material.[1] It is created by stacking multiple layers of glass cloth, soaked in epoxy resin, and by compressing the resulting material under heat until the epoxy cures.[2][3] It is manufactured in flat sheets, most often a few millimeters thick.

G-10 is very similar to Micarta and carbon fiberlaminates, except that glass cloth is used as filler material. (Note that the professional nomenclature of "filler" and "matrix" in composite materials may be somewhat counterintuitive when applied to soaking textiles with resin.)

G-10 is the toughest of the glass fiber resin laminates and therefore the most commonly used.

Last edited:
Just use some thin Yoga Mat padding or similar in the battery tray, front and bottom. A wrap of Gorilla tape if you want around the front where the impacts are hardest. But I wouldnt sweat it. Lipos are expensive, but hard case or not the cells usually die out before physical damage becomes the issue. IMHO from exper. The most important thing is securely strapping the pack in place. Once they eject from impact they get damaged or twisted. I've had hardcase lipos crack open before. I don't care for them especially.:cool:
Edit. Of my 22 lipos, I find that the 5 remaining of 6 Hardcase lipos are far from my best ones. In retropsect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back