Senton Making a lap timer (getting creative)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Vylan

If you're in control, you're not going fast enough
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
I'm new to the hobby and have already immersed myself way too deep. :)
I started out purchasing the Senton 4x4 BLX 3S and started making upgrades immediately.
  • Spektrum RC DX5C 5-Channel DSMR Surface Radio
  • SR6100AT Receiver
  • DS3225 25KG Coreless Digital RC Servo
  • Pro-Line Racing 3307-60 Chevy Silverado 1500 Clear Body (custom painting and decals to match the Ivan Stewart vintage racing body)
  • Apex Body Clip Lanyard Retainer W/Silver Aluminum Mount
  • 12mm Aluminum Wheel Hex
  • DuraTrax Lockup SC 1/10 (12mm)
  • T-Bone front/rear bumpers
As you can see, I've invested time and money into this, and it's only my first couple of weeks.

So, here's the story. I wanted a lap timer. Spent countless hours researching options online. I finally figured out I can purchase the Immersion RC LapRF Personal Race Timing System, designed for drone racing, and simply place the FPV camera/transmitter in the car and it would recognize the vehicle and trigger laps. Voila, It worked.

If I get enough interest I will create a post with all of the details and results of the project. All I have to say is that I was impressed that it worked and ultimately did exactly what I set out to achieve.

Now, onto the ultimate FPV system.

Thanks for listening.

I'm new to the hobby and have already immersed myself way too deep. :)
I started out purchasing the Senton 4x4 BLX 3S and started making upgrades immediately.
  • Spektrum RC DX5C 5-Channel DSMR Surface Radio
  • SR6100AT Receiver
  • DS3225 25KG Coreless Digital RC Servo
  • Pro-Line Racing 3307-60 Chevy Silverado 1500 Clear Body (custom painting and decals to match the Ivan Stewart vintage racing body)
  • Apex Body Clip Lanyard Retainer W/Silver Aluminum Mount
  • 12mm Aluminum Wheel Hex
  • DuraTrax Lockup SC 1/10 (12mm)
  • T-Bone front/rear bumpers
As you can see, I've invested time and money into this, and it's only my first couple of weeks.

So, here's the story. I wanted a lap timer. Spent countless hours researching options online. I finally figured out I can purchase the Immersion RC LapRF Personal Race Timing System, designed for drone racing, and simply place the FPV camera/transmitter in the car and it would recognize the vehicle and trigger laps. Voila, It worked.

If I get enough interest I will create a post with all of the details and results of the project. All I have to say is that I was impressed that it worked and ultimately did exactly what I set out to achieve.

Now, onto the ultimate FPV system.

Thanks for listening.
/Curious!

I was waiting for a response to see if people are interested in the lap timer set up. I'm happy to post a tutorial.

RE: The aftermarket body
I need to wait until it is complete before posting pics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back