Typhon Making Cap Pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35volt caps are fine for 6s and lower. If running 8s need 50v.
In parallel yes, 4 of them at 15k uF, would come out to 60k uF's.
I saw no ESR data on that link for these caps. Usually ESR spec'ed Caps fall under Audio grade caps. Research on ESR ratings for caps. The Caps I chose were recommended by someone here on AF over a year ago. And ESR numbers matter to keep ripple low I think. Audio spec Caps fall into this category I believe.
I had used Panasonic Gold Caps. (6) x 1k uF. (Legit fresh ones) Seems there are bootlegs of these high demand Caps.. And Caps should be fresh from a good source. Best if bought batched on tape. Caps get stale from sitting over a year and more. They age even with non use. Just some tips.
I could have used at least 2 more caps in parallel in my setup. I think 16k uf's is a minimum for speed running. But it depends on the ESC ultimately. Castle XLX2 and MMX8s don't seem to even need a Cap pack.
I don't have ripple logging on my XR8+ to know how low my ripple numbers actually are.
Hopefully others will chime in with more experience.
:cool:

Last edited:
I used these:
2019-0714-1800ufCapsForCapPacks.jpg

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/panasonic-electronic-components/EEU-FM1V182/613771

2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-NoWrap.jpg

6 in parallel dropped my ripple considerably on my castle MMX/2200kv sensored setup. From just under 3V to <1V.

No cap pack:
2019-0608-SavageFluxMMX-6S%20Hobbystar6200-50C-CortlandOrDekalb-noCapPack.jpg

With a cap pack:
2019-0727-SavageFluxMMX-6S-BMX%20Track-Cap%20Pack-log.jpg

You can see the max ripple on the bottom left.

I don't have a specific recommendation on a particular cap but I can vouch for Mouser as a part source. We used them a lot back in our electronics repair days. In particular with caps about 10-15 years ago when those fake caps were all over consumer electronics gear. Even years ago their website had one of the better drill down features for browsing a part with the particular spec you need like height and width for example. Which makes it easier to find substitutes since they have so many lines of parts and manufacturers.

Digikey was always good too, maybe they didn't have the inventory at the time.

I used these:
2019-0714-1800ufCapsForCapPacks.jpg

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/panasonic-electronic-components/EEU-FM1V182/613771

2019-1115-Outcast-CapPack-NoWrap.jpg

6 in parallel dropped my ripple considerably on my castle MMX/2200kv sensored setup. From just under 3V to <1V.

No cap pack:
2019-0608-SavageFluxMMX-6S%20Hobbystar6200-50C-CortlandOrDekalb-noCapPack.jpg

With a cap pack:
2019-0727-SavageFluxMMX-6S-BMX%20Track-Cap%20Pack-log.jpg

You can see the max ripple on the bottom left.
Panasonic Gold Caps. Probably the best. 👍 :) 35v 1800uF x 6👍 They don't come cheap compared to others with similar specs. I believe these have the best ESR #'s. What you pay for? IDK.

Panasonic Gold Caps. Probably the best. 👍 :) 35v 1800uF x 6👍 They don't come cheap compared to others with similar specs. I believe these have the best ESR #'s. What you pay for? IDK.
$23.56 shipped for 18 of them. Not sure if you were asking or not... lol!

I don't have a specific recommendation on a particular cap but I can vouch for Mouser as a part source. We used them a lot back in our electronics repair days. In particular with caps about 10-15 years ago when those fake caps were all over consumer electronics gear. Even years ago their website had one of the better drill down features for browsing a part with the particular spec you need like height and width for example. Which makes it easier to find substitutes since they have so many lines of parts and manufacturers.

Digikey was always good too, maybe they didn't have the inventory at the time.
Digikey and Mouser are my two go-tos for almost any small electronic part or connector.

Installed the cap pack and didn't really make a difference. Only 4mph faster. I just installed my max5 and tomorrow I'll do another run and see what I get.

I also bought the same panasonic ones and will install them as the current ones I have are incredibly big.
PXL_20210404_032417079.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back