Making RC Bodies Last Longer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oog1yBoog1y

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
does anybody know how to make rc bodies last longer? I have a new body for one of my trucks and I want to know how to make it last longer. TIA

It will last longer if you don't use it and leave it as your shelf body. Buy an unbreakable body for bashing.
No matter what you do, a lexan body will break. Try Shoogoo/E6000 and sheetrock tape all over the inside. I don't bother anymore. By the time you do all of the hacks to strengthen the body, you could buy another from what you spent. And it will still shatter and crack. Just get some Gorilla tape and patch it up here and there as needed.
Been there. Especially the thin ones like the Kraton body will break easily.. Notorious and OC bodies are double thickness. FWIW.
I run a PL unbreakable Kraton body. White. Ugly looking as bodies go, but we are bashing here. Its not a beauty show. I have a new Red Kraton body for the shelf.

Personally not a big fan of the tape method. Drywall tape and goop/shoe goo/other seems to work best. Flexible and weather resistant. I try to find a beat up body to buy on the cheap and then apply the stuff and repair for bashing purposes. Keep the nice one for the shelf.

Plasti dip for me!!
Heavy application

20210807_230027_HDR.jpg

20210808_074850_HDR.jpg

Anyone try Flexseal? I have some clear Flexseal spray I bought for something else. Thought I might try it on my Senton.
I tried and it didn't stick well and I had tested it on a body that I had painted a long time ago so it wasn't anywhere near being wet and it messed up the paint a bit. The other products are far more rigid than flexseal spray

I use Gorilla Heavy Duty Grab adhesive and drywall tape. They are rock solid afterwards and haven’t managed to break or crack them at all yet.

Works a treat!

1F7CB96D-2DAB-4700-9270-6EBF201C6CBC.jpeg

I've been wanting to try Flashmate. Probably very similar to the construction adhesive some guys/gals have started to use rather than doing the tape and all. Stuff is amazingly sticky and stretchy.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-Home-Products-10-oz-Flash-Mate-Sealant-85228/100275495
Did you try this?
I have some left over flashing tape and thinking of trying it
I’ve done Gorilla tape, tedious and heavy.
I’ve done strapping tape, tedious, light and worked well. About the only thing holding my body together at this point,
I don’t need a shelf body. Just a run it body.

After my shock mounts nearly busted straight through the hood of my new Talion EXB RTR I decided to reinforce the body. I went a bit further than most other people do...

1. Drywall Tape
2. Automotive grade goo
3. Noico closed cell foam to pad the front shock mounts and to close the gap between the handle and the body
4. Noico sound deadening material (think Dynamatt Extreme) in certain key areas, and to increase the thickness of the body in some parts to reduce rattle
5. Finally I covered it all with Noico tape which is basically aluminum foil with adhesive on one side

I ended up going a little to over-bored and body ended up weighing over a pound!

Started trimming the sound deadening to minimal material in key areas and final build weight is 332gr

Stock was about 145g or so? does anyone have a stock one to weigh?

Underside done weight.jpg

Last edited:
I just hate that extra weight of a body when you reinforce them to the hilt. Tried evreything, they still break.
Get an unbreakable. Which is also heavy and un paintable.. In the long run, it is cheaper though. I use a PL white one on my Kraton.
I hate RC Black bodies. They are so difficult to see at distance. Nice looking on the shelf maybe. Not for bashing. I feel unbreakables are a bit overpriced depending. But probably the best alternative. All depends how well you drive and how hard you bash. Even Unbreakables can break. And even much harder to patch when they do.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back