Making your own Real steal Notorious effect, does anyone have any tips, experience or facts to help me with this project?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacSpacey

Reaction score
So what I wanted to share with all you kind peeps. In about a week or two my Senton 3s will be ready and waiting for me at my local hobbystore, because of the probems with getting it in stock here in the Netherlands. And by the time it's in my possession, my RadioLink 4GS will hopefully also be dropped of by the postman. So yes, good times are coming!!! ? Ps just for shares. I'm looking into a Rallycross Proto-form body but I need to figure out how to get it to fit on my senton 3s and the only way to do that is having the body plus car here on my work bench and start with puzzling. I hope you guys liked my post and if y'all are interested to see the finalized version of my brand new RC I will post some pictures of my very own Ranton 3s (Rally-Senton) online.
Last thing, does have anyone have a nice idea for a color that would fit my Rallycross body perfectly? I'm thinking about painting it very deep/dark metallic blue with a black finish... And does anyone know if you can paint the inside let's say gun metal grey or light grey metallic and the outside the color of your choosing, so that you can replicate the Notorious Real Steel effect, to make your scratches look like the real deal?to everyone Stay Healthy and enjoy your hobby. Greetings from the Netherlands MacSpacey out!!!!

This would work if you don't mind a flat finish on the outside color. R/C car bodies are normally painted on the inside. The paints that are needed, don't leave a glossy finish. You get the glossy finish from the plastic itself.

I painted a crawler like that. Silver on the inside, thin layer of copper, then body color over that.

20200316_170420.jpg

20200316_171240.jpg

20200317_124548.jpg

20200318_170429.jpg

I used the copper for the rust effect. Holds up real well. Prep is very important.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back