Talion Mama Monster stuttering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ggradtech

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I just installed a Mamba Monster X ESC. I tried to throttle test the Talion, and it just stutters like crazy without any acceleration. I checked the Castle Link setting , tried a few different ones, timing, etc. Nothing has changed this. Also, the ESC doesn't "chime" when I first power on the ESC. Any ideas?

I think the Mamba Monster X is a sensored ESC. I think it should run a sensorless motor without a problem though. Its the stock Talion BLX motor.

I use a mamba monster x and it is awesome make sure it is set to sensorless brushless setting may have to reverse throttle on stock radio and recalibrate esc also make sure battery connectors are soldered properly to esc

Did you calibrate the esc to your receiver?

I had an issue with my MMX with the castle 2200kv sensored motor, but it was due to me not plugging the wires in the right order and using the sensored cable. It would just vibrate angrily when I applied throttle.

I'm thinking maybe the crappy Amazon cheap XT90 connectors are to blame. I can't really get the solder to really stick perfectly. I think maybe I have a cold solder joint. I'm wondering why I get no audible tone when I power up the ESC in the Talion.

if not soldered properly, will definitely cause grief also on startup if set for auto lipo, it should chime the amount of battery cells you are running

Yeah, at startup I get no tones or chimes at all. I get servo control, but no audio confirmation.

I hooked up the Castle Link on my PC. Its set on The factory default of LVC 3.2 V and SmartBrushless so it should recognize the cell count of the Lipo.

Strange that it doesn't beep when you plug it in. What packs are you using? If I remember right, there is a setting in it that controls current usage. High for really good high C rating packs and medium/low for others.

I called Castle and they think that the ESC is faulty. They are sending me a new one. Great customer service. I've had a lot of Castle stuff and never had one fail.

I'm an idiot. I checked the solder joints and low a behold...... one of the motor wire ends was not getting a tight connection. Problem solved.

Nice. Did you solder it or did it come that way? I think my MMX 2200kv combo came all soldered up for the motor. I just had to put battery connectors on.

No, the MMX (by itself) comes with 3 wires and the bullet connectors. You need to do all the soldering

That's exactly what I've been struggling for a few days until I've discovered one of the motor cable disconnected ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back