Mamba Monster 2 ESC Setting Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Reaction score
What setting in castle link changes it so when I'm going in reverse it sets a delay or neutral before going forward, Atm its going from full reverse straight into full forward with no delay, But it will not go from forward to full reverse without a delay or going to neutral first which I prefer as i'm not trying to bust teeth off my gears..

But I have no idea what setting to change to stop it going from full reverse to full forward without a delay??

Check the motor direction setting and the brake type setting. I remember one time where I had to reverse the motor in the settings and then set the controller to the opposite of what it was set at. This was when I was getting bat out of hell reverse speed and slow forward speeds.

Other than those two settings, I’m not sure what else it could be. Did you calibrate the esc?

Ok that's not a bad idea, I can swap directions and see if that fixes it, I'll swap the motor wires a/c around then go into programing and reverse the motor, That should flip it around so it goes full reverse from full forward then brakes when going back into forward.

w00t :D

Ok that's not a bad idea, I can swap directions and see if that fixes it, I'll swap the motor wires a/c around then go into programing and reverse the motor, That should flip it around so it goes full reverse from full forward then brakes when going back into forward.

w00t :D

You don’t want that, do you? Check the reverse type. I forget what the options are. Are you hooking the esc up to a pc?

You don’t want that, do you? Check the reverse type. I forget what the options are. Are you hooking the esc up to a pc?

Tried it still same issue..

and yeah hooking it up via the castle link usb thingie.. I'm checking reverse type theres 3..

Without Reverse
Racing setting - no reverse enabled at all.
Crawler Reverse
Similar to lockout type, but no neutral waiting required before reverse is enabled. The controller will quickly brake the motor to near zero rpm, before allowing it to run in the opposite direction in order to save transmission parts.
With Reverse
For bashing or racing (may not be an allowed setting for racing). The controller must see 2 seconds of steady neutral throttle before it will allow reverse operation.

Right now its set to with reverse, which is right it won't go into reverse without a pause, but it till lunge forward from reverse with no pause which is goin to break a fiddlesticking tooth soon, the sound is loud from a full throttle reverse..

Well I changed just about every setting I could think of and nothing fixed that.. So I guess im going to have to just be chill on the throttle when going from reverse back into forward :\

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back