Kraton Mamba monster 2 hpi tork 2200

Erawtik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I got this kraton on trade with that motor and esc. Well on 6s it is slow like to the point I think my sons brushed volcano could almost keep up with it I did get the programming card with it I just have no clue what to do with everything. And another thing it has 3.8 trenchers and the tires struggle to turn sitting. It had a savox sw 0231 in it so I pulled the savox sa1230 out of my senton and made I little improvement but still struggles.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
That motor ESC combo should be pretty fast. What pinion gear is in it? Should be a 13 or 14. On 6s, it should be a rocket. May have something wrong with the motor. Take the pinion off and run the motor, should sound smooth

Erawtik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
It is a 14. I took of the gear and ran the motor it sounds normal but I'm new to the electric end of rc so not 100% sure. I did make a vid of it but not sure how to put the vid up on here.

Last edited:

Erawtik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I only have 4 3s and I tried just a 3s in the rustler that has the same hpi motor and a mamba pro and it ran like a raped ape.

Erawtik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Can the wires from esc be in wrong order that would allow it to work but not at full potential? Reason I say is they are all black. I will run the field link and see what everything is.

Cut off voltage=0
Auto cutoff=3.2
Drag brake=0
Brake strength=50
Punch control=0
Reverse type=rev lockout
Motor type=brushless
Motor timing=normal 8 deg

Erawtik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I did calibrate the receiver. When I got this I got 2 3s lipo that are a little puffy and they both where dead to where a charge or balance would fail. So I charged a couple mins on nickel, then charged them on lipo but the first round it exceeded my chargers charge time and had to charge again. I notice they take a fair amount longer to charge than my new 3s batteries even when the cells between all 4 batteries where around the same. I'm not going to use them it's just this setup is all deans and I use xt90 so I'm waiting for my connectors to get here to convert the mamba to xt90 then I'll be able to use the new batteries. And since I was able to get them to charge I wanted to see this truck run, so mabey the batteries are the culprit even though they say 420 on 2 cells and 419 on the other. I could always try the new tatic rc/to that came with my senton since I replaced that setup.

Another thing I just thought could it be the differentials, cause I have a bag with a bunch of diff parts he gave me as well? What should be in front center and rear, he gave me 2 bottles a 50 and 100?

Last edited:

Timritchieblue

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
You need to make sure your drivetrain it in working order, no binding. Then make sure you have good battery's? Report back with fresh cells, and no binding.

Erawtik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Well I hade a couple connectors left over so I made a xt90 to deans so I could put one of my new 3s in the truck. End results on 3s it ran pretty fast, I'd say faster than the other 2 3s batteries combined. So guess those batteries are completely junk even though they say they are full charged just not getting the punch out of them. I looked over the truck and the servo saver was all the way down so I spun it about half way up and now the tires move a lot better. Guessing he ran it down for a period of time and wore the plastic a bit which I'm guessing is why I have to have it screwed up as far as it is.