Limitless Mamba Monster X 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notoriousone

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Got a pleasant surprise from Castle this morning, an email confirming my 1/8 Mamba Monster X 8s has shipped today.. I'll receive it this Friday the 14th. I preordered it when I heard about it, but thought it would be months before I saw it. Anyone else have one on the way? I want to see if Castle's claim that this new "Cryo technology" results in much lower ESC temps during hard use like they say

Attachments

• 010-0165-00-13-Z.jpg
    010-0165-00-13-Z.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 149
I'll put a Ripple Killer on it and throw it in the Limitless.. Plan is run it on 8s, with a 1700kv TP 4050 and see what kind of speed I get. I know its not a replacement for an XLX, but I'm a fan of the 1/10 Mamba X esc with the aluminum case and i was hoping they would come out with something like this in 1/8..
Innovation RC has a video out where he did over 120mph with this same Esc and a castle 1515 in a Limitless, so that's pretty encouraging

I'll put a Ripple Killer on it and throw it in the Limitless.. Plan is run it on 8s, with a 1700kv TP 4050 and see what kind of speed I get. I know its not a replacement for an XLX, but I'm a fan of the 1/10 Mamba X esc with the aluminum case and i was hoping they would come out with something like this in 1/8..
Innovation RC has a video out where he did over 120mph with this same Esc and a castle 1515 in a Limitless, so that's pretty encouraging
Yeah that was impressive with the cooler temps.

And it doubles as a crawler too ???

I put one on my stock body limitless with decent results. Sticking with the 4050 is smart, because I think some people will be limited on the motor side with the 6.5mm bullets from the esc. I know my first warm up run of 119mph desoldered the motor wires. I switched over to some 8ga wire and it helped, but with a 4050 you should be ok (as long as gearing is right). In the logs I pulled over 350amps for a few seconds, which I was pleasantly surprised with.

Have to give castle credit. Their new monster 8s outperformed my overpriced MGM 250amp esc, but that’s more due to MGM’s ridiculous protection protocols. Out of everything I’ve tried, castle simply works time and time again. My MAX5 couldn’t even give me a full run with a 4050, and MGM400 amp esc doesn’t work great with TP motors (it sees micro flashes of 1300+ amps and limits power). As long as you keep an eye on temps, castle performs better than most anything out there. I’ve had my gearing off before which would’ve shut down any other controller (520amp peak) but castle made a full blast and was ready to go again in a few min. Heck, even their 200 amp airplane esc has seen 340amps for 4-6 seconds in my 200mph hotliner. Honestly couldn’t ask anymore from them.

Attachments

• 9970B843-F588-412A-9553-2C20B83BE8EA.jpeg
    9970B843-F588-412A-9553-2C20B83BE8EA.jpeg
    627.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 87D8B7A3-9ACE-4408-9956-4707117690B0.jpeg
    87D8B7A3-9ACE-4408-9956-4707117690B0.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 127
Nice, I see Procrastinator got the MMX 8s in a Limitless and ran some good numbers.. I’m curious to know what the ESC temp was after the run. This is all very encouraging to see, this ESC looks like it performs like an XLX.. and who knows, maybe runs cooler too. I got mine on Saturday, soldered on a Castle connector and am test fitting it in my Limitless 8s.. I’m happy to see it fits perfectly in the stock Arrma tray. That’s probably my favorite thing about this ESC, you don’t have fit issues with it in the Limitless like you can with an XLX.. I’ll get the first test run done in the next few days, this annoying thing called work keeps getting in the way of my RC projects lol..

Attachments

• AE1FB02F-9B9B-4448-9E8B-FAB4AA25949B.jpeg
    AE1FB02F-9B9B-4448-9E8B-FAB4AA25949B.jpeg
    427.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 182346D1-98C3-488B-8AAB-2AAE5CD5EE9D.jpeg
    182346D1-98C3-488B-8AAB-2AAE5CD5EE9D.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 179
Nice, I see Procrastinator got the MMX 8s in a Limitless and ran some good numbers.. I’m curious to know what the ESC temp was after the run. This is all very encouraging to see, this ESC looks like it performs like an XLX.. and who knows, maybe runs cooler too. I got mine on Saturday, soldered on a Castle connector and am test fitting it in my Limitless 8s.. I’m happy to see it fits perfectly in the stock Arrma tray. That’s probably my favorite thing about this ESC, you don’t have fit issues with it in the Limitless like you can with an XLX.. I’ll get the first test run done in the next few days, this annoying thing called work keeps getting in the way of my RC projects lol..
The best compliment I can give is that thing “got a purdy mouth ain’t it”? ?

Temp was high, but I was a bit overgeared. It peaked at about 220f, which is right under the shutdown temp. The logs looked relatively the same as my XLX, only difference was the temp dropped down quite a bit faster on my XLX. After about two min my XLX will be about 180f, where the monster 8s was still like 205f after two min. Just make sure you have a good cap pack and keep an eye on temps and you should be good to go! Overall, I was definitely impressed with it!

I just received a call from Castle this morning, stating my Mamba Monster X 8s is available due to their most recent production line completing early this week. Hopefully I will receive it before the weekend. The motor is another story, as they may be a bit delayed due to the corona virus situation over seas. I'll be patient, as I still have to make several choices on my radio gear, servo, etc for my new Limitless.
Excellent forum. You have me thinking about cap packs now.....

I just received a call from Castle this morning, stating my Mamba Monster X 8s is available due to their most recent production line completing early this week. Hopefully I will receive it before the weekend. The motor is another story, as they may be a bit delayed due to the corona virus situation over seas. I'll be patient, as I still have to make several choices on my radio gear, servo, etc for my new Limitless.
Excellent forum. You have me thinking about cap packs now.....
I have one coming as well ???

Just the esc or the 2028 also?
Both. But I'm going to try the motor first with th Max5. Then the new ESC with the Dynamite Fuze 800Kv motor. I want to see where that cogging was coming from.

Both. But I'm going to try the motor first with th Max5. Then the new ESC with the Dynamite Fuze 800Kv motor. I want to see where that cogging was coming from.
I think megasty runs the max5 w/2028 and loves it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back